Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Does anyone have pics of custom door panels for oversized or double woofer front stage setups? I'm still throwing around ideas, and some of the drivers I was looking at were 6.5"-7" diameter and 3" mounting depth.

I wasn't sure if the is300 doors could accomodate that size w/o custom work done.

If anyone has some pics of your custom doors, or a cost estimate on what it took to get it done, please post! Thanks!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
someone on here showed a pic of their custom door set up a few months back. two woofers in each door? dang can't remember the user name but it was a blue car if i remember correctly.

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I beleive its unVme that has custom lower doors accomodating multiple drivers as well as kicks with mids/tweeters.

The IS can easily handle 3" depth as well as a 7" woofer. The woofer will fit behind the door panel, but you will most likely lose a little of the surrond area at the door panel opening. Build baffles to hold the drivers and include a small flush mount lip so the woofers excursion does not drive it into the door panel.

I can fit these with no problems!!!!
http://imagedynamicsusa.com/tech_page.php?name=CXS62&type=midrange&id=chameleon

They have a 6.6" speaker mount requirement as well as a depth of 3.125".

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^that's good to know, I'm sizing two diffeent drivers right now, one is 7"x 3.3" deep, and the other is 6.5" by 3" deep, a little more do-able it seems.....

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Here's UnVme (Matt)'s setup:

Best pic I could find of his door:

And here's one pic of Turnip (Tyler)'s door panel:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both of those setups look sick, turnips looks just like what I would like to do with my interior minus the kicks.......what kind of speakers are those?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wtf turnip! That sytem is crazy!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
My goal when explaining to my deisigner was to keep the LINES on the door as factory as possible. Look at the door...It looks like a factory door panel with speakers and plexi added in..The WHOLE entire door was custom but doesnt appear it.
Hope the new owner is happy those doors took 3 months to perfect and when the door shut it sounded firm and not flimbsy
-Matt

·
Registered
333 Posts
3.125" speaker depth drivers with 1" baffle on stock looking (stealth) door panels. I had to shave a little plastic so it didnt make any noises when i rolled up and down my window..

1" baffle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts