Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might have been answered but I have spent hours looking.

I have a 2006 is250 with built in gps. I have upgraded the DVD to 10.1, how do i override the system. I have tried the menu volume top and bottom, but that doesn't work.

Please help, thanks

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
This might have been answered but I have spent hours looking.

I have a 2006 is250 with built in gps. I have upgraded the DVD to 10.1, how do i override the system. I have tried the menu volume top and bottom, but that doesn't work.

Please help, thanks
Sadly you're out of luck.

The only 2IS that ever had the ability to do the software override was the original 2006 with the original software.

Once you upgrade the software it's gone... (and newer cars never had it to begin with).

Only option for anything but original firmware is to open up the dash and cut some wires... (or pay $300 for the unit from Japan that does the same thing, and still requires you to open the dash up, but just plugs into the stock wiring without cuting it)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly you're out of luck.

The only 2IS that ever had the ability to do the software override was the original 2006 with the original software.

Once you upgrade the software it's gone... (and newer cars never had it to begin with).

Only option for anything but original firmware is to open up the dash and cut some wires... (or pay $300 for the unit from Japan that does the same thing, and still requires you to open the dash up, but just plugs into the stock wiring without cuting it)
Damn thanks.

Also I wanted to know if there was a way I could get my screen to have a black background when I drive at night. That went away when I upgraded to 10.1

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Damn thanks.

Also I wanted to know if there was a way I could get my screen to have a black background when I drive at night. That went away when I upgraded to 10.1
Check the dial that adjusts dash brightness, if it's turned all the way to max it won't go into night mode... otherwise there's a setting someplace about night mode but not sure where it is in the menus... the dial thing ending up at max is the most common reason I see folks run into for that issue though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts