Lexus IS Forum banner

over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder

813 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  vlad_a 
#1 ·
i'm gonna be driving from columbus, ohio to LA early next month and i'm considering purchasing a bra to protect my front end. i understand the benefits, but is this a good purchase for someone with limited funds?

#3 ·
stizlex said:
i'm gonna be driving from columbus, ohio to LA early next month and i'm considering purchasing a bra to protect my front end. i understand the benefits, but is this a good purchase for someone with limited funds?
No no no... Bras are so late 80s. I'm actually surprised they still sell.

But for limited funds, bra is your best bet for protection. If you go this route, I would (1) buy high a quality bra (poor quality will scratch your paint (2) take it off when it rains (if it does get wait, don't let it dry on your car).

I used to have a front end bra back in the early 90s. :lol:

#7 ·
With ISs weak paint, a front end mask is a solid investment.

Colgan Custom can not be beat in their quality. It makes the car look more agressive too. They also have matching mirror covers.

800-447-2727

You're welcome.

#8 ·
Mercenario said:
From bugs, small rocks, deer,etc. Oh, and to make your car look rice.
look rice???? how about look dumb....not a fan. I don't get the point of them. I understand that you want to keep your car looking nice, but you cover up the paint to do that. So why does it matter if it is nice or not...you will never see it (except those who lease and want to maintain resale value). I would rather look at a chipped sleek hood then a dumb bra. At least with the chipped hood I can repair it. Plus too many people have had scratches and paint fade with bras on. If anything look at xpel or other clear protectants.

#9 ·
^^^^
Keep looking at your hood chipping up until it "fades" into a big white chip, and I'll be looking at a nice car bra protecting it. :lol:

#10 ·
EXACTLY!!^^^ I use my LEXUS bra i bought form the dealer on my GGP every time i go on a trip and it looks fine plus it is a HUGE help when it comes to bugs and chips and i have never got any scratches from it!!! Its great for temp. use!! If you guys care that much about what your car looks like while your doing 80 down the highway you ve got some serious ego issues!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

#12 ·
I made the mistake of getting a bra for my GTI. It would not stay on the hood while driving at speed. At about 70...the center of it would lift off the hood and flap. Not to mention...the hair line scratches it made.

DO NOT suggest you get a bra. I like the painters tape idea for trips :)

#14 ·
redline814 said:
I made the mistake of getting a bra for my GTI. It would not stay on the hood while driving at speed. At about 70...the center of it would lift off the hood and flap. Not to mention...the hair line scratches it made.

DO NOT suggest you get a bra. I like the painters tape idea for trips :)
That is because you purchased a low quality product. :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.