Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was browsing through the SEMA pictures over at speedoptions.com when I found this:

This really P**S me of! Not only does the Honda guys rip us of the IS taillights, they have now taken the TRD front spoiler and smacked in on to freaking Honda!!!

My o my, where's the world coming to...

Notice the "under construction" sticker on the windscreen. You bet it'll be "under construction" as soon as I get my hands on it !!!
------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Karl (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ah, don't let it piss you off too much, hondas are ALWAYS trying to be something they are not. you'll never see a toyota with a honda bumper though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You will see little, overpriced, slow, cheap ass interior corollas trying to pretend to be a lexus.

And you will see owners of these sorry little lexus wannabes pretend that they are better than everybody else because they bought an overpriced toyota. These owners are not hard to miss as they will have extremely large heads and an extremely bad attitude.

·
Registered
105 Posts
These owners will also be in denial about how they wasted so much money on such a horrible value of a car. They will fiercly try to defend their position, but it is in vain. Everyone knows the truth, now it is time for these owners to face the truth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If we think our IS300's are such great cars, it should be just that. Stop complaining or worrying about fixed up Hondas, etc. Are you guys so insecure about yourselves or our IS300s that you have to get mad when you see something like that?

So what if they copy this or copy that! Who cares! Go on with your wonderful lives. You drive a Lexus for Christ sake!

Human weakness #1: People look up to greatness and will try to imitate it. That is a good thing for the IS300s. As long as you know this, it's all good.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Soundspeed, congratulations! You have successfuly blatantly disregarded the resale value of Lexus once again. There is no need to defend the truth of excellent value that is realized on a daily basis evidenced through cash resales, idiot. Go back to eating bark and making tiedyes.

Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
These owners will also be in denial about how they wasted so much money on such a horrible value of a car. They will fiercly try to defend their position, but it is in vain. Everyone knows the truth, now it is time for these owners to face the truth.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Soundspeed your a jealous moron, troll somewhere else,can't handle the fact you purchased a lemon..........will it ever end with you.

You will see little, overpriced, slow, cheap ass interior corollas trying to pretend to be a lexus.

And you will see owners of these sorry little lexus wannabes pretend that they are better than everybody else because they bought an overpriced toyota. These owners are not hard to miss as they will have extremely large heads and an extremely bad attitude.

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
i think the is300 crowd needs to be reminded that clear/chrome taillight kits have been available for imports for several years now. the is300 did not, by any means, "pioneer" this look in the USA.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Come on Geoff, sure they did: it's called the Altezza.

Originally posted by geoff:
i think the is300 crowd needs to be reminded that clear/chrome taillight kits have been available for imports for several years now. the is300 did not, by any means, "pioneer" this look in the USA.

·
Registered
571 Posts
go to andysautosport.com...they've been making all kinds of wild kits for Hondas for a long time now.........
that front spoiler, I've seen on many hondas for a while now (or something that looks very similar)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Karl,

Give me a break. Don't act like that.

Soundspeed,

you are an idiot. That is the only reply you are worthy of getting.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I figure someone who would do this is probably pretty serious about performance, the funny thing is that increasing the frontal area does not necessarily mean a faster car, it could actually raise the Cd of the car and or put to much down force on the front of the car or even create lift by not properly dispersing the air around it. But yeah dude I sure will be intimidated! LMAO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wait! After my first reply and now reading these other replys. I have a question for you SoundSpeed. I have a fixed 99 Honda Prelude - engine mods, body kit, "Altezza lights"!!! I also own a IS300.

Is my Prelude a "little Lexus Wannabe" because I have Altezza lights? Do I think that I am better than everyone else because I "bought an overpriced Honda"? Because you know "owners like me are not hard to miss as we will have extremely large heads and an extremely bad attitude".

Do you somewhat see what I am trying to get at? Your argument is not logical and makes no sense. Basically, you are ignorant and missed your chance at a brain when God was passing it out. Still haven't found the wizard huh?

Bottom line here is that we are all here as import drivers. We love our imports no matter what company it's from. This is like a domestic vs. import argument. Now morons like yourself are taking it even further and begin turning it on those like you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
SoundSpeed, here is a quote from one of your earlier posts, with a few exchanged words...

"You will see little, overpriced, slow, cheap ass interior Civics trying to pretend to be an Acura. (Civics with Integra dashes, motorswaps, Type-R badges, VTEC badges, the EL, etc.)

And you will see owners of these sorry little Acura wannabes pretend that they are better than everybody else because they bought an overpriced Honda. These owners
are not hard to miss as they will have extremely large heads and an extremely bad attitude. And to add to that, have too much time to waste and post on car forums all day."

Fact is, you can say this about anybody, not just us poor saps that bought an overpriced Toyota.

[This message has been edited by DJ (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
442 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
you'll never see a toyota with a honda bumper though.
Nope, wrong there buddy, I have seen a 2000 Celica with a Buddy Club style kit on it. The Original Buddy Club kits are made for the Honda Civic Hatchbacks only.

Anyone else have a pic of that car at the top? It's hard to tell if it's a Honda with a headlight conversion or an Audi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
GPR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing