Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not sure but I think my baby just got totalled. You can't open the rear door and the drivers door hangs, as well as the obvious.

Anybody got a guess on this?

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
photos would definitely help, a short description doesn't tell us too much or give us much to analyze.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm a bit out of it. I took pics just didn't attach them.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
better pic

This just happened.

·
Registered
223 Posts
wow that really sux. My car was totalled last week i know how ya feel. i dont think yours will be totalled thought. It will be about $5000 or $6000 but probably not a total.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks mostly cosmetic, so i doubt your insurance will declare it a total...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Totaled? That'll buff right out!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
there is a bend at the roofline above the door and the rear door is touching the quarter panel. I thought that would be difficult or very expensive to fix properly. it would be cool if it wasn't that bad.

but then again I wouldn't mind buying one of the turbo's in the for sale forum either.

·
Registered
694 Posts
aaahhhh, didn't really notice that. If the frame is bent then it might be a total. Its hard to bend a frame though....you know at what speed this happened?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just put on powerslot rotors and hawk pads. like 250 miles ago. I had braked hard. down to about 20 but he was going almost highway speeds.
i'm guessing 50. i fishtailed but he went 360 and then 180 the opposite way.

I have to say i felt a difference in the stopping distance over stock:pissed:

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Sorry to hear about this... they'll be able to fix that right up. I highly doubt they'll total it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No they are not totalling the car. First they valued the car at 19,500 (I'm not exactly sure how they got it that high but whatever) then they wanted to price the repairs with all used parts. :pissed:
I took it to my body shop and the estimate was 8800.00 which, If they valued the car at reasonable retail, it would be close to totalled, but not at 19500:suspiciou.

Oh well, I loved the car three days ago and Stuart's does excellent work. I'll love the thing when it's repaired. You only loose money when you sell it anyways. maybe I can have the fenders pulled a little while they are at it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts