Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud driver of a solar yellow '01. I was driving at 12:30 am at night, I suddenly hit a pot hole going approx. 25 mph on the passenger side, then ran about 100 meters and made a left turn, however, as i was making the left turn my steering wheel locked and my engine shut off -.-. I checked to see if my engine bay got wet from the water in the pot hole, but everything looks fine. There are no leaks what so ever. Now when i try starting the engine, it cranks and the makes the normal sound of the engine starting but does not go all the way through. Anybody out there in this great forum know what could possibly went wrong? please reply =).

·
Registered
271 Posts
so ur saying that its doesnt start?

·
Registered
271 Posts
honestly I dont know what the problem is. I never heard of any case like this.

·
Registered
636 Posts
well the first thing i would look for is something that might have been jarred loose in the engine bay.... just a shot in the dark.

could be a sensor, harness, hose, even your fuel line (highly doubt it). take a good look around the engine bay (if your familiar with it) and see if anything looks out of place, or if there are any puddles/drip marks... good luck!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
your oil pan isn't dented is it? you may want to check that? other than that i really can't think of anything.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
hmmmmmm lemme crawl under my car tomorrow and see if what im thinking is correct.

D

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
yea something definitely had to be jarred loose like a sensore or harness. I hit a really bad pothole a few months back and all four corners of my sunroof buckled!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Just go under the car and check everything out. You may have jarred something loose or dented something.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea it was raining and there was slush in the sidewalk so there was absolutely no way i could've seen that coming, the pot hole was completely covered in water. By the way, problem solved :bigSmile: ... few parts were loose, mainly few components of the fuse box.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
u guys are lucky i can lol about it now.....

I almost died haha but as long as you guys get a kick about it then ill keep on truckin haha
D

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
why didnt you slow down before the pothole? or avoid it?
You can't always see potholes at night. I hit a freaking un-marked raised manhole cover in the middle of the night. Hitting cast-iron is way worse than any potholes! Now I need to replace two of my tires. I'm currently fighting the city for compensation.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
why didnt you slow down before the pothole? or avoid it?
That late at night your pretty tired I would suspect, an if theres water in it if looks like a normal part of the street. Its pretty hard to tell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts