Lexus IS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Originally posted by webmaster:
I just got Q3A, but I need to find a valid serial number
I'm up to even hosting some Q3A as well, let me see if I can set a server up: quake3.is300.net...

tony, now that would be way cool. i can help you set up a server if you want...you can even password protect it.

lemme know...

I dunno the name of the server, but it was a dust map... my name is
[SUP]bLiNg!bLiNG!

Oh yeah.. I'm running a P3 450, 160megs ram, and a Geforce 1

[This message has been edited by AltezzaRoku (edited November 17, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by AltezzaRoku (edited November 17, 2000).]

Originally posted by geoff:
architecturally you might, but it's tough to top nVidia's implementation of OpenGL and its geometry setup. GF cards sell as well as they do for a reason.

i'd like to test one of yours, tho

We kick a$$ on Triangle performance as well...we sell into Mil Simulation and Training Apps. We also put 3dfx chips in the real deal...F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet, AH-64D Longbow Apache, C-130J etc....I used to work for an avionics company and I developed that business unit here...so we actually help America's pilots put steel on targets!

For consumer level products sure, nVidia does just fine...but wait for the results of the law suit...I think you'll see them paying serious royalties to 3dfx or having to buy them outright.

I agree with you agent, I like 3dfx better. Sure, Geforce might be more powerful in direct3d, but 3dfx is suppose run in glide mode, which I think is more efficient than direct3d

either way, I don't have any $$ to pay for them.

I need a keyboard synth, and sound blaster live first

We are a spin off of 3dfx - focused on simulation and training...we put 4, 8, 16 and 32 chips into our graphics subsystems...you should see all of the emails from extreme gamers begging us to release the 4 chip board (V5 6000)....bunch of weeKnees. We'll have a white paper on our website at the end of Nov that details GTS Ultra, 4 chip, 8 chip and proprietary IG performance characteristics...it is eye opening to say the least.

[This message has been edited by Agent Smith (edited November 17, 2000).]

Yea Tony,

Be sure and count me in on the "Counter Strike" meeting!
This is going to be awesome!
Owners against Non-Owners!!
Acura owners Against Lexus Owners...

Ok Bimmer owners, which side are you going to get on??

Smra.

Oh hell yeah...Anyone here play Q2 CTF ? (CTF)= Capture the flag . Q3 CTF is pretty cool too. You guys should check out public servers as well.. www.mplayer.com , www.heat.net , or try www.gamespy.com . It's kinda funny tho' . I play Q2CTF , Q3RA3 , and UT . and that is it... If any of you guys are interested we have a clan site up and we've been up in this genre for quite awhile. Check out our page, ( it might take awhile for you 56k'ers to load up all the flash thats on the page. If you guys are impatient, just click on the enter tab. The url to our site is : www.vflclan.net
we're up for any challenge lol. I have to admit dammit; this game is so addicting It makes me cringe when I don't get my quake/frag/rail yo' ass moment at least 4 times a week lol. But seriously for those Quake addicts out there; if you guys have time check out our site!!

Discussion starter · #58 ·
tony, i was just at your Q3 server, and all's well. IF all you freaks are serious about CS, i'll have to go out and buy a copy so i can lay down the ownt in that game too. maybe i'll even buy a copy for tony so he can host a sever -- it's the least we can do for using his sever resources and bandwidth.

so, final question -- is CS worth buying? i keep hearing about how the latest patch sucks. anyone?

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.