Lexus IS Forum banner

OT: Quake3 anyone?

2K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  geoff 
#1 ·
anyone here play?

and note my oh-so-courteous OT disclaimer in the subject...ain't that nice of me?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
i've played some CS before, and it was very cool, but the new version sucks. i like Q3 because it's mindless, and it's a good way to relax and have some fun. once you get good at it, it's a much more involved game.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by smra:
Lets plan to meet up in "Counter Strike Online" Acura CL-S against IS300 ????

Then we will see whats up???

Smra.
i'd be up for cl-s v. is300 in counterstrike...that actually sounds like a good idea, but it sorta sucks for you ppl because it's pretty much a given comptechcls and i will slap you around like a bunch of litigious democrats.

and in quake3? ownt HARD. don't even go there.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by comptechcls:
Just gimme an M14 with a silencer and I can take you out like a Type-S vs an IS300 on a straitaway. I would definitely take the time to put a bullet in some IS300 ass.
comptechcls, if we play CS agains the is300ers here, you'll have to give me a quick primer on it -- i haven't played it since the first beta. i can install HL on my new system, patch it to the latest, and install CS in no time if need be. do you live on the east coast?

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by smra:
Hey, Just say the Time & Place
Acura Boys!

I'll get my 15yr old son to bring me up to Par when he gets home from school!

He's awesome in Counter strike!!!

Smra.
smra, find some other is300'ers to back you up. we'll find a mutally agreeable server (decent pings to all), and we'll play.

anyone up for the same in q3? we can do a simple team DM -- acura v. lexus. what say you?

Discussion starter · #27 ·
i have q3, UT, and i'll get CS this weekend. i'm pretty damn good at q3, good at UT, and i've gotta check this CS thing out -- sounds like too many people are playing it for it not to be fun.

i think getting a forum game together would be fun.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
on q3 servers i am known as NaiL or blindsidE. i haven't played much CS at all -- I'll have to get it this weekend and start dishing out some is300 ownage.

teg, tony, whoever -- we should make this happen. it would be fun.

besides, my brand new alienware athlon 1GHz with Geforce2 GTS 64 MB needs something to do...

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Originally posted by BLUEBYU:
No 32bit color? 121 FPS damb that's fast
32-bit color is nice for screenshots, but incurs too much of a framerate hit for competitive play. 16-bit is fine.

btw, same settings at 32-bit yield 91 FPS.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
Any of you guys play Delta Force 2? I always play on the Attack and Defend or Search and Destroy games as Agent Smith....

I blow chunks if I play Quake...those textures mess me up...

Geoff - go to www.quantum3d.com and look at our AAlchemy product 81xx or 82xx...we $hit all over nVidia.
architecturally you might, but it's tough to top nVidia's implementation of OpenGL and its geometry setup. GF cards sell as well as they do for a reason.

i'd like to test one of yours, tho

Discussion starter · #41 ·
Originally posted by webmaster:
I just got Q3A, but I need to find a valid serial number
I'm up to even hosting some Q3A as well, let me see if I can set a server up: quake3.is300.net...

tony, now that would be way cool. i can help you set up a server if you want...you can even password protect it.

lemme know...

Discussion starter · #58 ·
tony, i was just at your Q3 server, and all's well. IF all you freaks are serious about CS, i'll have to go out and buy a copy so i can lay down the ownt in that game too. maybe i'll even buy a copy for tony so he can host a sever -- it's the least we can do for using his sever resources and bandwidth.

so, final question -- is CS worth buying? i keep hearing about how the latest patch sucks. anyone?

Discussion starter · #62 ·
i don't have CS right now, but it looks like i'll have to buy it. so many more ppl are playing CS these days -- there's gotta be SOMEthing to it. :d

i'm a q3'er at heart, but i'd love to learn CS.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
just go into q3, drop the console, and at the command line type

/connect quake3.is300.net

it will resolve the IP and take you right into the game. if i comes back with "invalid password" enter

/password lexus

in the console while you're waiting to connect.

voila!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.