Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the new C&D arrived yesterday and as a fan of all things Toyota it has to be my favorite issue this year. The main article is Toyota Thunder, it's an article about Ultimate Celica, TRD Solara, and TRD Celica. It looks like Toyota's image may finally be changing (who knows maybe this spur L-Tuned into producing more serious performance products).

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Nothing on a comparison yet?? I'm waiting for C/D to do their comparison of the Lexus IS300, Audi S4/A4, BMW 330i, and Mercedes Benz C320.... Well I guess I'll have to wait
Eric...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...well the S8 and S4 Avant made it into this issue, sorry the comparo was a minivan shoot out, sad huh?

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited October 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
yeah that is sad.. but... who won the minivan comparison? It had to have been either the new Chrysler minivan or the Honda Odyssey.....
Eric...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...the Honda wasn't included in the test. The Chrysler won but I don't know how(kind of like MR-2 Spyder vs Miata), the Toyota was second.

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited October 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Syndicate:
...the Honda wasn't included in the test. The Chrysler one but I don't know how(kind of like MR-2 Spyder vs Miata), the Toyota was second.
Thanks a lot for the info Syndicate.... Kind of surprising that the Honda Odyssey (current king of minivans) wasn't included in that test....
Eric...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by EricK:

Thanks a lot for the info Syndicate.... Kind of surprising that the Honda Odyssey (current king of minivans) wasn't included in that test....
Eric...
The reason that they didn't include the Honda was that they were comparing the less expensive, short wheelbase minivans. They felt that the Honda was more comparable to the streched versions (i.e. Grand Caravan) than the shorter standard versions that they were comparing.

Jeff

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by Jeff Taylor:
The reason that they didn't include the Honda was that they were comparing the less expensive, short wheelbase minivans. They felt that the Honda was more comparable to the streched versions (i.e. Grand Caravan) than the shorter standard versions that they were comparing.
Jeff
Ok that makes sense.. Thanks for the info Jeff... I think the Chrysler Town & Country All Wheel Drive is in a class by itself. There are no other real "luxury minivans." I think the Honda Odyssey is best compared to the Dodge Grand Carvan ES.
Eric...

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
tre thing i really want to see is
the c32 vs the e46 m3

that's like the ultimate competition for perforamnce and luxury

1 - 9 of 9 Posts