Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone told me its rumored at 260hp? is taht true? can someone confirm this? someonei know is getting a maxima for her first car and i wonder if waiting for the new maxima would be a good idea for her
thanks everyone

and oh yeah...i heard that there's rumors that the is300 will have 260+ hp to witha supercharger in the near future..(relates to is300 :p)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Now thats an IS300 that closer to my style. I would love if they would make a single or twinturbo version of the IS. Can you imagine this IS with more power and torque. Not to mention adding a Blow-off valve to get that PFFFFFFTTT.... after each shift? Mmm Mmm Mmm. Lets hope and pray.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Tell you friend to research the safety of the maxima though. None of the offset test on Maxima have been good, in fact they are among the worse in its class.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have also heard the the maxima will gave 260hp from a new 3.5 liter V6 in 2003 or 2004. I hope they change the FWD layout, all that power to the front wheels would make for bad handeling, heres hoping for a RWD maxima.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the maxima is already a SWEET car...i dont' knwo about safty and i dont' really want to research it so does anyone know off the top of their heads waht a maxima would compare to? what its better tahn? etc? thanks! =) the reason i like maximas is cause ofthe torque curve it hink, if it was rwd it'd be a great car, it already is

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Forgot to tell you, Motortrend or Car and Driver reported that the current model of Maxima has ECU problem. One thing that is really nice about the maxima is its engine and the interior.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This guy I know went to some "secret" marketing survey where they paid the attendees $100 cash each to look at some cars and give their opinions.. the cars presented were the Acura TL, BMW 3series, IS300, Nissan Maxima, and the Infiniti G35.. my friend drives a TL, but he said the first car that caught his eye was the G35.. I've tried to find stuff about it but haven't read or seen anything.. but it has the 3.5 260hp V6 and its positioned against the BMW/IS300/A4 class.. anyone ever heard anything about it ?

Supposedly this marketing thing was like hush-hush because they made you remove all electronic items and put them in a locker.. I guess they feared spy photography..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by oh-dawg:
This guy I know went to some "secret" marketing survey where they paid the attendees $100 cash each to look at some cars and give their opinions.. the cars presented were the Acura TL, BMW 3series, IS300, Nissan Maxima, and the Infiniti G35.. my friend drives a TL, but he said the first car that caught his eye was the G35.. I've tried to find stuff about it but haven't read or seen anything.. but it has the 3.5 260hp V6 and its positioned against the BMW/IS300/A4 class.. anyone ever heard anything about it ?

Supposedly this marketing thing was like hush-hush because they made you remove all electronic items and put them in a locker.. I guess they feared spy photography..
sounds like it might be a replacement for the G20 (2.0 inline 4???) - a 3.5 6 cylinder would be a step up, but won't Infinity be competing with itself... ie. I30 - luxury Maxima (same platform) - perhaps it was an I35 he was looking at???...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I asked him if it was an I30 or I-series.. but he said it was definitely a G35.. he drew a picture of it (and he's no artist).. but he said what really struck him about it was the front of the car.. the grill and how it looked really aggressive.. he said like he asked about it or something and the people there said its just a prototype with no planned production.. which led us to believe the marketing survey was put on by Nissan..

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
that car looks more like a GS contender.. also, I'd think it'd come with the same motor as the new Maxima, hence the name, G35.

[This message has been edited by oh-dawg (edited August 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
That G35 sounds pretty cool - especially if it comes with the Extroid CVT transmission.

The current Maxima rates as an "almost ran" for me because:
1> It is alot wider than the IS300 (I like to get those "compact" parking spaces).
2> It is front wheel drive.

Other than the above 2 it is a pretty sweet ride... particularly considering the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts