Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Jew
25,468 Posts
Saw Battlefield 6 (I think it was 6... whichever is the latest one) on a $12K+ Falcom NW system today. Absolutely stunning. The PS4 had better be DAMN good. When is that gonna happen anyway?

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I really like the build quality of the thing.. 4 months and the thing is still rock solid. My old Sony was falling apart by this point in time.
I swear to God, you polarize everything.

I have a Dell that is 3.5 years old and it still flies. I paid $600 for the thing (some Studio 1505 version I believe), recently installed Ubuntu, and it works perfectly; I wouldn't even consider a Mac at their current prices. If your Sony was falling apart after 4 months, you should have taken it back.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
I swear to God, you polarize everything.

I have a Dell that is 3.5 years old and it still flies. I paid $600 for the thing (some Studio 1505 version I believe), recently installed Ubuntu, and it works perfectly; I wouldn't even consider a Mac at their current prices. If your Sony was falling apart after 4 months, you should have taken it back.
I don't think they'll accept something after 4 months of use. Called Sony multiple times.

P.S. I paid $750 for an i3, 4GB Ram, 500GB Hard drive, 14.1" LCD. The MBP 13" i5 is only $150 more expensive. Sisters Z isn't any better and neither is my moms S. Both feel like they're cheap pieces of crap compared to my MBP and my sisters Z was $200 more expensive the my Mac.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I don't think they'll accept something after 4 months of use.
Oh, oh, oh, but Apple will!!!eleven!

If it's a lemon, yes they will. They pretty much have to.

And nice edit...I doubt you ever called, otherwise "think" would be "know".

Honestly...just stop, admit you're a fanboy, and we're done here.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Oh, oh, oh, but Apple will!!!eleven!

If it's a lemon, yes they will. They pretty much have to.

And nice edit...I doubt you ever called, otherwise "think" would be "know".

Honestly...just stop, admit you're a fanboy, and we're done here.
I'm not a fanboy though....If I was a fanboy, I'd have an iPhone. Android>iOS. I don't back Apple in anyway. Jumping to conclusions can come back and bite you in the ass. I also don't really care if you believe I called or not. Just Sayin'.

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I'm not a fanboy though....If I was a fanboy, I'd have an iPhone. Android>iOS. I don't back Apple in anyway. Jumping to conclusions can come back and bite you in the ass. I also don't really care if you believe I called or not. Just Sayin'.

·
Registered
29,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Saw Battlefield 6 (I think it was 6... whichever is the latest one) on a $12K+ Falcom NW system today. Absolutely stunning. The PS4 had better be DAMN good. When is that gonna happen anyway?
Um, 3. 3 is the latest.

Does it scream "help" now if you leave it in a restaurant? Just sayin...
Your mother.

Ahh, sorry. I thought you had a 13". :)
We aren't talking in my pants. 2.4ghz is on all models though.

I don't think they'll accept something after 4 months of use. Called Sony multiple times.

P.S. I paid $750 for an i3, 4GB Ram, 500GB Hard drive, 14.1" LCD. The MBP 13" i5 is only $150 more expensive. Sisters Z isn't any better and neither is my moms S. Both feel like they're cheap pieces of crap compared to my MBP and my sisters Z was $200 more expensive the my Mac.
I can't think of a computer sold today that doesn't come with at least a 1 year warranty. Sony included. The fuck?

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
The MBP comes with a 2.8 i7 and use to be a 2.7 i7. Never a 2.4. :confused:

P.S. Congrats. Got mine 4 months ago and it's very zippy. :)
This is the brand new model that was refreshed just this past month. It was a small bump in CPU speed and an upgrade to the GPU. This is the 15 inch model that is quad core. Your 13 inch model is just a dual core which is why it can be clocked up to 2.8 ghz. The quad core CPU can only get clocked to 2.5 ghz max. The quad core is much faster.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
This is the brand new model that was refreshed just this past month. It was a small bump in CPU speed and an upgrade to the GPU. This is the 15 inch model that is quad core. Your 13 inch model is just a dual core which is why it can be clocked up to 2.8 ghz. The quad core CPU can only get clocked to 2.5 ghz max. The quad core is much faster.
Thanks for explaining it. :) I was a bit confused.

·
Registered
29,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bump, I have a MB Air. It's great for being lighter than any other PC...and running Windows 10. OSX does make for a great OS to remote into other computers not running OSX. If Surface Laptops didn't suck so much, I'd probably replace the Mac with that.

·
Registered
29,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Still Macing...still Windows 10. If FL Studio wasn't 10 years behind in MacOS, I'd probably convert at this point. I rarely touch the computer away from work as it is anyways. Still doesn't alert when I leave it in the restaurant though...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts