Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why on Earth would I spend money on a Mac? OSX runs perfectly fine on my laptop natively. IE, EVERYTHING works. And an Apple equivalent of my laptop would be like $4000.

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
The only reason why I buy Apple products is the support that they provide. I can walk into an Apple store and they'll fix it on the spot, if they can't, they'll give me another unit.

This of course doesn't apply to those who build their own PCs and know how to fix shit. I'm too lazy to do all that.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
The only reason why I buy Apple products is the support that they provide. I can walk into an Apple store and they'll fix it on the spot, if they can't, they'll give me another unit.

This of course doesn't apply to those who build their own PCs and know how to fix shit. I'm too lazy to do all that.
I really like the build quality of the thing.. 4 months and the thing is still rock solid. My old Sony was falling apart by this point in time.

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
In fact, I just tried to do this, and stopped when I couldn't find a 1080p laptop display. WTF???
I just got the newest MacBook Pro i7 2.4ghz laptop. I need to check but I believe you are right about the display. I think it's still 1440x900 on the 15". I am coming from a non Sandy Bridge (dual not quad core) Core i7 MacBook Pro.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
I just got the newest MacBook Pro i7 2.4ghz laptop. I need to check but I believe you are right about the display. I think it's still 1440x900 on the 15". I am coming from a non Sandy Bridge (dual not quad core) Core i7 MacBook Pro.
The MBP comes with a 2.8 i7 and use to be a 2.7 i7. Never a 2.4. :confused:

P.S. Congrats. Got mine 4 months ago and it's very zippy. :)

·
Registered
29,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why not? It's actually way faster on the internets than Windows. Maybe it's because I run a bunch of extensions in Firefox. But then again, that means Internet Explorer should be faster in Windows, and it isn't. And it just...works. Fuck, I sound like a Mac hippie now. :pissed:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts