Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you located on Oahu? When I went for my servicing (about 2 months ago) Servco Lexus did not have any info about ECU/TRAC updates. Will be bringing my car in for servicing again tomorrow and would like to know who you spoke with to get yours updated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
At first they told me they knew nothing about it but then I talked with the assistant service manager his name is Arvid. He took care of me. I think you have to do some grumbling. I think that how I got mines done and if they still refuse to do the reprograming and the update just make a simple call to your salesperson and he will straighten them up quick. Another good thing to do is to bring that bulletin so if they say nothing about it then show them the bulletin. I don't know how long it actully took because when I brought in my car it was towed in because I had my brake light my TRAC light and my regular brake light all flashing at me so I got my car towed in. They told me it was a speed sensor problem. Oh and when you do go can you please ask about the undercarriage recall please.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm getting my ECU/TRAC update on Monday, July 30 at Lexus of Maui. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'm also going in to get a squeaky driver's seat checked out.

I've been asking the service guys at the dealership about the update since March. Each time, I was told that they weren't equipped to do the job.

This past week I found out that Orkin had the update done and I immediately called the dealership. They confirmed that they could do the update. I scheduled at the earliest possible time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Orkin, didn't get a chance to ask about the recall on the undercarriage piece, but I should get another opportunity on 7/31 or 7/31, since that stupid TRAC OFF light is flashing again...

Will let you know as soon as I find out...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey S300 you know when your TRAC light flashes have you tried to turn your engine off for about 2 minutes and start it up again to see if it flashes. Because after I got me speed sensor change it flashed on me again so I went home and turned my car off and waited and turned it on again. Just like magic it went away. I called SERVCO and they said that it probably did that because the computer was still trying to reprogram itself to your driving style. He also said that if it happened again call him but it has never happened since.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, Orkin...

I've tried waiting 2 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, and 12 hours, but no results. Once, it actually did turn off, along with the check engine light, but it went on again after driving for about 20 minutes...

While the check engine and TRAC OFF lights are on, it will run really rough on occasion (sounds like the engine is gonna quit.) And the engine has actually died on me 3 times...2x at a stoplight, and once while reversing into my garage.

By the way, I spoke to one of the service guys there... I didn't get his name, but he was unaware of the undercarriage problem...

My car is sitting in the service driveway as we speak, and I'm driving a Nissan Sentra as a loaner
Oh well, I hope they find out something this time, or it's time to file a claim under the lemon law...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats true I think you need to write a letter to better business bureau and customer protection agency. It seemed to be happening to you to much. I hope everything turns out fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts