Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Let me start by saying my decision was based on actually talking to people and not just going with somebody. I would like to thank PFS for talking on the phone with me. Peter is a great guy. Really informative and eager to help. But after close examination of his kit and SRT's. I have chosen SRT's.

I called Mo on Thursday and inquired about his Stage 1 turbo kit. I did not tell him was I was(chicken). Marken and Mo were again very informative. I got some prices and some rough estimates. So I went home and thought all night what I should do and who should I go with. I looked over my $$ situation and how I can get my car someone or choose to get my kit shipped.

After about 3 hours of non-stop thinking and playing scenario's out in my head. I chose Swift Racing Technologies for my next turbo company. Why? Because I am short on cash right now. And I am scraping to afford a turbo kit. Also, after determining work and school, I cannot afford to drop my car off some where. So I need a shippable kit. SRT offered the best thing for me. A stage 1 kit that delivers very good HP numbers and it is shippable.

So Friday I called Marken and asked right away for Mo. I told Mo my name and my username and aplogized like a real person should. I aplogized for the comments that I said on IS300.NET. I like some other people act before they think. As I did bashing SRT.

I know I will get flamed for this. But I am going with the best turbo company for me. Not anybody else. Below is what I am ordering a week from Monday. I have to fax the estimate back and the kit will begin the building stage and then be shipped right out to me.

Stage 1 turbo kit: $4,699
Sub. Downpipe w/ high flow cat with SS Downpipe (no cat): $Free
Custom 3" mandrel bent turbo exhaust: $795

After it is all said and done with shipping and freight. I am gonna have to pay $5,600 dollars. That in my opinion is a deal. SRT is delivering a $$ friendly turbo kit that delivers more power. I hate to say anything bad about PFS, but I couldnt afford about 7k for a stage 1 and only get 260 RWHP. I chosen the kit thats best for me. Thanks again to Doublins, Mo and Marken and the whole SRT staff.

Thanks,
Chad

*edit*

dude, you are fucking bipolar (or bi-polor as sexylexyfls would say - :lol: )
you definitely are well deserving of this

-gte

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Dude, you're like the king of burning bridges before you cross them...hell before you even get a map to find out where they are you've already burned them down.

Yay...Yay... where's the pic of your nuts on fire?

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
believe it or not, I predicted this and knew it was going to happen to a friend after that other thread. You've got some psycological issues you need to deal with.

You bashed Peter to no repair and then decided you would buy his kit, then you bashed Mo beyond repair and now you're going to buy his kit. I say keep your mouth shut from now on and save yourself some money.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Man o man Aubster...you sure do know what you're doing. :roll: Congrats on your turbo purchase, I hope everything works out for the best for ya.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Hey guys,
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah...............................................................................
.....................................................................................
......................................................................................
.......................................................................................
.....................................................................................

Thanks,
Chad
Sorry I had to do it...... :lol:

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Not threadjacking, nor bashing....so keep your panties on.

Why in the world won't you just WAIT and save your money, and get what you REALLY want. You're settling again, and in 6 months or less you will wish that you had something different. You've done this about 12 times over with other mods, and this is no different. When are you going to learn already?!? :-?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys and gals(is300hottie :wink:),
I have made my decision after researching both turbo companies. I was going with PFS until I realized I cannot get my car up there. So I needed a good shippable kit that can be installed with relative ease. Therefore leaving SRT. I like the way SRT turbo kits look and clearly they are performing the way they should.

Craniac: I thank-you for not bashing or threadjacking in this matter. I have chose the stage 1 given my current $$ status. With SRT you can upgrade to a stage 2 and gain 50 RWHP or so and not lose any money. Thats the reason why I am going ahead and getting this turbo kit. I hope that answers your questions.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
466 Posts
Isn't their Stage2 $5,795? For an extra $200, you could just have their StageII, minus the 3" exhaust tho. I think it'd be better to save up an extra $200, get the stageII, and then get the 3"exhaust later. Just my .02

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GJ said:
Isn't their Stage2 $5,795? For an extra $200, you could just have their StageII, minus the 3" exhaust tho. I think it'd be better to save up an extra $200, get the stageII, and then get the 3"exhaust later. Just my .02
I have thought about that also. But I want to have my stage 1 for a while and get the MOST out of it. And be saving and upgrade and maybe get a TC. :)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Aubie. 2 things. First...isn't PFS stage 1 only $6,000? Second...isn't his kit shippable too?

Both of those items are indicated on his website.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
craniac24 said:
Aubie. 2 things. First...isn't PFS stage 1 only $6,000? Second...isn't his kit shippable too?

Yes, that is correct. PFS Stage 1 is a shippable kit. It would be about $6500 bucks shipped. Its 300 dollars more expensive, and it doesnt deliver as much HP. Thats the reason why I have chosen Swift Racing.

·
Mr. Negative
12,388 Posts
but it comes w/ peter's tec3 and the extra box along w/ it. It's a no brainer really.

Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:

Yes, that is correct. PFS Stage 1 is a shippable kit. It would be about $6500 bucks shipped. Its 300 dollars more expensive, and it doesnt deliver as much HP. Thats the reason why I have chosen Swift Racing.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IS_Dude said:
but it comes w/ peter's tec3 and the extra box along w/ it. It's a no brainer really.

Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:

IS_Dude, the stand-alone would be good if I wanted alot of HP. But, I dont. I just want about 300 RWHP. For that, you dont need a stand-alone. The piggy-back will do just fine for me.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
IS_Dude said:

Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:

I have to agree. $300 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind KNOWING that you're dealing with a great person/company. Besides, how many extra HP is the SRT kit putting out? 10? 15? If I had $6,000 to burn it would be on PFS. No question.

No need for response from the SRT loyalists. I'm not bashing SRT. However, it is common knowledge that some SRT customers have had issues in the past.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
craniac24 said:
IS_Dude said:

Aubie83 said:
craniac24 said:

I have to agree. $300 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind KNOWING that you're dealing with a great person/company. Besides, how many extra HP is the SRT kit putting out? 10? 15? If I had $6,000 to burn it would be on PFS. No question.

No need for response from the SRT loyalists. I'm not bashing SRT. However, it is common knowledge that some SRT customers have had issues in the past.
Oh, I totally understand about the problems issue. But, after talking to alot of people with kits and Mo. That gave me peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Oh, I totally understand about the problems issue. But, after talking to alot of people with kits and Mo. That gave me peace of mind.
Did you expect those people to give you an objective answer? :lol:

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
craniac24 said:
So has everyone else man...including PFS
we just tend to rip on SRT more.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Aubie,

I have to agree with some of the others it does sound like you are settling on srt only because of the cashflow issue. If you are buying the kit only because of the money you shouldn't be buying the kit, just my $.02. If there is one thing I have learned from modding cars it is to do it right the first time it saves you money in the end. Continue to save your money until you have the funds to get what you really want. And if you are going to do it anyway save the extra $200 and buy the stage 2 with the intercooler it will give you a much more reliable set-up, especially in hot weather. It will also give you the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Jesus you're an attention whore.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts