Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after anguishing, waiting for everyone else to come out with ther kit, I am just going with the PLP. It may not be the highest HP specs but I think it will suit my needs the best. Quiet, reliable, and if I want to I can add a FMIC later. After all of the concerns with running higher boost pass through my head, I feel like it will be the right decision. If anyone has a story to tell I would be interested in afterthoughts of this kit. Especially dealing with the install since I will be doing this myself.

Thanks,
Fig

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
install shouldn't be bad cuz there is no FMIC

it's a nice kit with a somewhat factory look...what's the lead time in getting it?

you gonna run some gauges? if so, which ones?

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ltunedgirl said:
install shouldn't be bad cuz there is no FMIC

it's a nice kit with a somewhat factory look...what's the lead time in getting it?

you gonna run some gauges? if so, which ones?
Steve has them in stock :D I will probably add a boost gauge and fuel pressure. I plan on getting the OBDII diag for my pocket PC for some "dummy" stats. But I will probably wait to add the gauges until I figure out what I want my dash to look like. Have a few big ideas for the interior, I have a load of stereo stuff I need to wedge in there :)

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
so when's he shipping it out?

you plan on doing the install yourself?

you have the car with the barcode write?

just don't drive in the snow

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ltunedgirl said:

yeah, no more snow, or if I do, I would disable it :lol:
I have more tools that I need to do the job. Should be easy with the exception of the brake box.

Yes the barcode is mine 8)

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
yeah, regarding the brake lines...look for kanine's post about installing the vortech kit...he has some good pointers so you don't kink the lines

·
Registered
476 Posts
Good luck! Make sure you take lots of pics! And let us know how the install goes. Here is a great post about the vortech kit from Kane, maybe you can think about doing something like this for the Powerdyne.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13363660&highlight=vortech

There isn't much info on this board about the Powerdyne, but I think there are a few people (myself included) interested for the same reasons you are.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fig,

Congrats on your decision. I too am borderline on ordering the Powerdyne unit. I don't need to race every car on the street but just wanted some extra oomph for emercency situations and passing. Please post your review when you get the chance. I am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
yeah, regarding the brake lines...look for kanine's post about installing the vortech kit...he has some good pointers so you don't kink the lines
I was writing my post before you even posted this. :lol:

I guess that goes to show how valuable a post like that is to the rest of us!!! :D

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ISinOH said:
Good luck! Make sure you take lots of pics! And let us know how the install goes. Here is a great post about the vortech kit from Kane, maybe you can think about doing something like this for the Powerdyne.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13363660&highlight=vortech

There isn't much info on this board about the Powerdyne, but I think there are a few people (myself included) interested for the same reasons you are.
I will be sure to write it up. I read Kane's post before and I will try to emulate the presentation. :)

I am a little frustrated that no one has posted any info about this yet. Oh well, I will let everyone know how it goes. I just want to beat the ocassional stock M3 here at 5280 ft :D or not.... my ego can handle it.

Fig

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
ltunedgirl said:

what's wrong with driving in the snow with a sc?
it's so much fun.
all that wheelspin

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Fig said:
ISinOH said:

I will be sure to write it up. I read Kane's post before and I will try to emulate the presentation. :)

I am a little frustrated that no one has posted any info about this yet. Oh well, I will let everyone know how it goes. I just want to beat the ocassional stock M3 here at 5280 ft :D or not.... my ego can handle it.

Fig
Congrats Fig.
Let me know when it comes in, and I will watch you do the install. Maybe we can shoot some video of the installation...

·
Vendor
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mokujin101 said:
i thought the powerdyne kit wasnt upgradable.

how u adding a FMIC? later
I could plumb it, it only cools the air so its mostly plumbing. I will not have an upgrade path that the Vortec has from PLP...although. Everything is upgradable in my mind ;)

I figure this will be a good baseline for me and I can do the rest later.
Who knows if I will be motivated, but by the sound of the other addicts out there...I can never say for sure.

Fig

·
Registered
825 Posts
i think i saw in a post by MIke from PLP advising not to upgrade this kit or no support from them or something. Just get the Vortech if u think u gonna upgrade.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts