Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I picked up a 2002 AT a few weeks back. No real big plans for it yet but would like some ideas. I wouldn't mind eventually manual swapping it, but that is a long term goal. I plan on doing the timing belt/water pump, etc. for normal maintenance stuff. If you had a stock IS with a sort of limited budget, what would be the order of mods you would do for a street car? Would you do cams before exhaust/intake? Why?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
So, I picked up a 2002 AT a few weeks back. No real big plans for it yet but would like some ideas. I wouldn't mind eventually manual swapping it, but that is a long term goal. I plan on doing the timing belt/water pump, etc. for normal maintenance stuff. If you had a stock IS with a sort of limited budget, what would be the order of mods you would do for a street car? Would you do cams before exhaust/intake? Why?
First get the maintance up. Then once the belts, brakes, tires, etc.. are up to spec. You can look at upgrades. As far as that goes. You will need to figure out what you can afford and do.

There is an old saying. "Speed costs, You can go as fast as your money will allow"

·
Registered
149 Posts
I like to look cool first before going 'fast' lol. Buy some reps and some daily tires. Axle back exhaust wont hurt. Lowering can get a expensive depending on budget. CAI/HAI is a waste and do not recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts