Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI -- I have had an IS300 on order for three months and expect to get one of the first ones in another three weeks or so. My dealer just told me the following :

1. The early cars will all have the standard 17" alloy wheels. Forget the "graphite" wheels for 3-4 months. They will NOT be on early production cars.

2. Limited slip and heated seats (which will only be available together, not separately, for awhile) will not be available in "warm weather" areas (I live in Calif.) for a number of months. So if you want limited slip, you'd better go to a dealer in a cold weather state.

Has anyone else received similar feedback??

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm guessing the Washington DC Metro area is considered cold weather.

Did your dealer say that the LSD and HH will be available in the early cars, do we have to wait 3-4 months for LSD (as rumored).

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It looks like some of the cars in Torrance (found in the image gallery #5) have the graphite wheels (look at the factory sticker sheet) http://is300.net/gallery/gallery.html?image=tms_sticker.jpg

Also the build sheets for the east coast show alot of May production with graphite wheels.

I am guessing that they want to discourage people from expecting them because you won't be able to (easily) get them on cars that show up at the dealer without them, but it sure looks like they are already building some of the cars with them...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback.

I assumed the dealer was "stretching" a bit in his description. When I asked him again yesterday he said his estimates (3-4 months for graphite wheels, LSD in "hot" climates, etc.) was based on introduction of prior models.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts