Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend calls me almost crying. Something hit her nav screen and cracked it. She took it to the dealer and they said they cannot just replace the screen, instead they have to change out the whole thing (whatever that includes) and said it would cost 6000 dollars. She doesn't want aftermarket so what can she do? Is it true you have to replace the whole system? I was thinking that maybe we can get the screen from a junkyard and wire it up.

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks knightshade. This is probably all that is required right? I'm assuming I'd used all the wires that is already in the car. The headunit isnt specific to say the hard drive is it?

·
Registered
601 Posts
no, the headunit is just the head unit.. maybe check ebay for a screen, good luck, might be a looooong search, (maybe try google) but with luck you might get it..

after getting the screen, it WILL be a tedious project to replace it.. so maybe the simple answer is to go aftermarket... they arnt that bad..

·
Registered
45 Posts
i'd assume it wouldnt be that hard to swap an OEM for OEM model? considering all the wiring, and harness is already in place. the most difficult part would be to take apart the dash and the approporate pieces to get to the unit itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts