Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forums and have decided on getting an IS with the following options:
  • External Color: Graphite Gray
  • Leather Package w/ Black leather
  • 17" Polished Graphite Wheels
  • Moonroof with sunshade
Is LSD worth the extra $400? I live in the SF Bay Area and don't really come accross hills that often. The only thing that bugs me is that I'll have two empty spaces where the buttons for the Heated Seats would have went. Oh well...
What is a good price to pay for the car with the options I chose (not including tax and license)? Judging from old posts, the consensus seems to be that $32k seems to be a fair deal. What do you guys think?

[This message has been edited by Jashugan (edited January 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
697 Posts
32k seems reasonable...
but members are getting lower and lower quotes...

well, although i don't have LSD equipped IS, i'd 400 bucks is well worth it.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
32K in Georgia sure...we live in the Bay Area..I'd expect to see it go for $34K.

I paid that back when the market was hitting - you might have some luck but who knows.

I got the LSD and all the goods...it is worth it. I haven't seen the LSD come into play but it is nice knowing its there.

·
11,062 Posts
32K is good, but make them include LSD and include locking lug nuts and a trunk mat too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by harrissc:
$31K loaded here in North Carolina...Charlotte to be exact.
Thanks for the info, but it would be nice if you guys explained what you mean by loaded. Loaded meaning every single option included or loaded meaning leather and sunroof???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Jashugan:
Thanks for the info, but it would be nice if you guys explained what you mean by loaded. Loaded meaning every single option included or loaded meaning leather and sunroof???
J-
I bought the Graphite w/ the following options:
- leather/escaine int.
- 17" polished wheels
- moonroof
- whl locks & mats

I paid 31.5K + ttl just last month @ a Los Angeles dealership.

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black on Polished Graphite

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by Jashugan:
My guess is "loaded" is every option except the lux package with the fake wood. I'd expect that to be mentioned separately. For example, my SBM with black leather interior is "loaded", minus moon roof.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by harrissc:
$31K loaded here in North Carolina...Charlotte to be exact.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My definiton of loaded is as follows:

LSD
Leather/Escaine Trim
Convienience Package
heated seats
Moonroof
Floor mats
trunk mat
wheel locks

**Chrome 17in Lexus Wheels
**Dash Kit of your choice.

**Options you may want to throw in.

I got my IS like that for $36.8K back in July! (minus the LSD)

·
Registered
215 Posts
MSRP $30,805

Leather/Ecsaine Trim Interior, Home Link System, 8 Way Power Adjustable Driver & Passenger Seats $1,705

Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade $1,000

Limited Slip Differential $390

Heated Front Seats $440

Wheel Locks $39

Trunk Mat $66

Delivery, Processing and Handling Fee $545

Total MSRP $34,990

I paid $32,432 for a total out the door w/tax tags title of $33,625.56

Just my $33.6K worth.

------------------
01 Silver IS 300 w/SRT Intake
01 Toyota Sequoia Limited

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by myIS300:
Man 32k - 35k. I was looking at a fully loaded IS300 for 36k here in San Jose, CA. Where can I find a lower quote. www.greenlight.com is where I found it and that is without tax or anything.
I've been quoted 31,789 for the following features...
Leather Package
Graphite Wheels
Moonroof with sunshade

directly from the dealer. Right now is a slow season for them and they are giving pretty good discounts. I'm going to try and get it for 31k.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Softshell,
How much is sales tax where you live? I think I'm going to have to pay a whole lot more for ttl than you did. We have 8% tax here in the SF Bay Area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got my IS300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Graphite Grey
[LS] - Black Leather Package
[SR] - Moonroof
[AL] - Polished Graphite Wheels

31k before ttl, 34k out the door (damn tax is expensive in CA). Got it from Magnussen Lexus.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
Jashugan
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing