Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i'm new to the forum. i'm currently shopping around looking to buy a new car, this weekend i went to test drive the is300 at a used luxuary car dealership. They had 3 is300's on the lot, one of them had a badge that said somethign like "sports package" or somethign similar. It had diffrent looking rims with more spokes over stock...

I looked on the lexus website and couldn't find any information about it... The sales people over there basicaly told me that all lexus come fully loaded, but each car had somewhat diffrent features over the other. Like some had all leather seats, and other had suade covered centers...

Can anyone clarify for me the optional factory upgrades so i can figure out which car has more value. Thanks.

Note: The car i'm looking at is an 03 Manual, with the "sports package", 10,000 miles, with full leather seats... asking price is $25,500

Any help would be great!
Thanks.

(yes i have searched, but i need a more direct answer)

·
Registered
277 Posts
The car you saw was the "Sport Design" model. It has a few differences such as rims, exhaust, exterior and leather interior color scheme, badges and front grille and I believe it has a bit firmer suspension. Just minor differences, nothing drastic.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Also, the "suede" seats are not the real thing. It is called escaine and it is actually a synthetic suede, which will burn like cloth seats. Just ask my girlfriend. I'll never let her live that down.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
GingX69 said:
Also, the "suede" seats are not the real thing. It is called escaine and it is actually a synthetic suede, which will burn like cloth seats. Just ask my girlfriend. I'll never let her live that down.
What was she doing with something on fire in your car? :suspiciou

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dpmredwing said:
The car you saw was the "Sport Design" model. It has a few differences such as rims, exhaust, exterior and leather interior color scheme, badges and front grille and I believe it has a bit firmer suspension. Just minor differences, nothing drastic.
Do you know how much additional that model costs over a standard model? Also i think the rims look worse then the stock rims!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts