Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way for me to tell if this vehicle has the mark levingston stereo along with navigation? i would like the navigation and the LSD . the LSD i know i have to look in the door jam for teh sticker with the corect code. but without me having to drive all the way to this dealership and physically look is there a way to tell if it has navigation?also does this car have the sport design package . it seems like the tailights are darker.

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
That is a SportDesign for sure. As far as LSD, tell them to take a picture of the sticker in the door jamb, that is the only way.

Also for the Navi, the thing that is in the top center of dash is where it would be, but it is closed in the pics, so maybe/maybe not. A picture of it open or a picture of the center console (where the buttons/controls for the Navi are) would help.

I would just call and ask if it have Navi.

Mark Levinson was never an option in the first Gen IS though.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For an LSD lookup... look at your door jamb where the VIN plate is at. Look where it reads AT/M somethin like that..lower left hand corner.. its usually with A30A...if you have an "A" after that you dont have LSD... for mine example mine is B30B,C.. the B & C indicates you have LSD.... pls someone correct if Im wrong... but at least thats what I found on of the threads found on here...

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Thats a SportDesign for sure, but it doesn't have NAV. That button in the middle is the button to open the storage compartment.

Reactions: Squareback

·
Registered
532 Posts
my 02 has nav and it looks just like that when its closed. and if it does had nav it will have a control for the nav down by the shifter in front of the arm rest and i had a question what ways can you tell a IS is a sport design?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Are you sure your nav has the thing in the middle?? I mean I see the button on the left and right nof it that open/close and adjust the angle, but I don't think my navi has that thing in the middle.

BTW, it looks like a sick car, buy it!! :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
ya now that i look at it closer.. it dont look the same i just though i saw an open close and tilt button up by where the screen goes.

·
Registered
208 Posts
i had a question what ways can you tell a IS is a sport design?
little things. different multi-spoke 17's, darker tails and headlights, black grille, badges that say sportdesign on the fenders, black pearl emblems, different tip on the muffler, etc.

·
Registered
532 Posts
little things. different multi-spoke 17's, darker tails and headlights, black grille, badges that say sportdesign on the fenders, black pearl emblems, different tip on the muffler, etc.
thanks man do you know if the sport desings have a differnt suspension? when i took my car in to get the lower control arm fixed they ( the lexus dealer ) ordered a normal arm but it wouldnt fit they said it was 1/4 inch too long. so they had to reorder the sport suspension part.

·
Registered
208 Posts
thanks man do you know if the sport desings have a differnt suspension? when i took my car in to get the lower control arm fixed they ( the lexus dealer ) ordered a normal arm but it wouldnt fit they said it was 1/4 inch too long. so they had to reorder the sport suspension part.
I really don't know about that. I just installed springs and shocks and it all worked out fine. I think there is a definitive thread about the differences some where here on the forum though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so if it has the button in the middle it doesnt have navigation? diffrent ppl are giving diffrent answers.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well that one was sold. in this add here you can see the shifter area in the picture. seems like no extra buttons so im gonna gues no navi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts