Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, Im just getting the parts together for my system, but I started thinking about whether I would need to install an Optima Yellow Top Battery or not ....

I know that if my lights start dimming, im gonna need to do something, but will running two pioneer 12s, with a pioneer premier HU drain enough juice for it to be necessary ?

The subs are rated at 400 W Rms , 800 W max each , and Im thinking of getting a JBL 600.1 amp for em ...

how much of an issue will the drainage of current from my battery/alternator be with this setup ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
The Yellow top (deep cycle) would help if you plan to use the system with the car off. Otherwise with a 600W amp the stock electrical system should be just fine. I'm running a 1000W amp and the dash lights dim and the voltage dips down to just above 12v when pushed hard but no real probelms other then that. In the daytime witht he lights off, alls good. You could always get a Batcap and that should help with the dimming.

·
Registered
975 Posts
DHCrocks said:
The Yellow top (deep cycle) would help if you plan to use the system with the car off. Otherwise with a 600W amp the stock electrical system should be just fine. I'm running a 1000W amp and the dash lights dim and the voltage dips down to just above 12v when pushed hard but no real probelms other then that. In the daytime witht he lights off, alls good. You could always get a Batcap and that should help with the dimming.
That's right, Batcap will definitely help out when the car is running... so stay away from the Carrot Top. :wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah i heard good things about the Yellow Top. In fact im gion the same route. Crown..im tellin you we need to buy our parts together!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Scosche capacitor or batteries

If you guys are interested, I can get you some scosche 1 farad 20V caps with 24V surge for $105.00 + shipping and a variety of Scosche batteries like the EDC 1700 (1700 cranking amps $275.00 + shipping (58lbs).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts