Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off, please excuse me if this topic is better in another forum. I currently drive a Toyota Celica and by year's end or very early 2004 I'm planning on purchasing an IS300. I would like to know what size red top Optima Battery I should get for an IS300.

Thanks

Eric

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
There is no Optima battery recomended for the IS. U can ck their web site-none recommended & i have also cked with several stores..same answer. :pissed: Go to optimabatteries.com

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
i just called optima, they told me the best fitting red top is the 34/78 980....he also said the 75/35 925 would fit, just not as close as the stock battery....but he said 34/78 980 is what they test fitted and it worked out extremely close to the oem battery

·
Premium Member
6,287 Posts
mikefate said:
i just called optima, they told me the best fitting red top is the 34/78 980....he also said the 75/35 925 would fit, just not as close as the stock battery....but he said 34/78 980 is what they test fitted and it worked out extremely close to the oem battery
Thats good to know...I just hope they are not just saying that to make a sale. It makes me kindda weary cause several of their retailer are saying none recommended for the IS. I'll look more into it.
Just spoke with a cust.svc person from Optima and for the IS is model 34 red top. So i asked about the 75/35 925 and was told that it's a smaller size, not for the IS. Boy, one minute it's none recommended, then 1 cust.svc person say 75/35 925 and 34/78 980 then another say model 34. now do they have it for the IS or not. :suspiciou

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
they(optima) actually told me both 34 and 35 are the same battery, just fdifferent physical size, and that both would work, but the 34 would fit bettr

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a redtop in my IS300. It was installed about six months ago, and I covered in detail the installation questions in at least two prior comments on this site. I believe the battery I purchased was a Group 34. I bought it from an outfit over in Orange County who sells on eBay for considerably less than anybody else, although there was a fairly substantial charge for shipping. They did, however, do a magnificent job of packing the item for shipment. Prior to ordering the battery, their customer service guy mailed out an adapter, at no charge to me, and that was used to raise the height of the overall package to the height of my previous Lexus (Panasonic) battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts