Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i was thinking of these rims for my yellow IS.

does anybody think these would look nice? 17's or 18's?

and who sell's fittipaldi rims?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to check out the MotorWeek IS300 "first drive" video on the home page here. I like the rim, but it may be too dark. I know that beauty is subjective, but I think you have to have chrome to balance out the brightness of the yellow. The car in the video is yellow, and it may be the lighting, but the rims look really dark, and it did not go well with the color.

Another place to look is tirerack.com you can pick your make and model and it will show you a picture of your car with the rims you pick on it. It does not have an IS on it yet, but I'm sure it will before long. Even if they don't have your exact rim you can usually find one close enough to get an idea.

------------------
SBM IS300

·
Registered
130 Posts
...I've seen those rims before and I really like them. However, I think they would be more fitting on a hatchback like the Civic or Focus, I still think that they're pretty nice wheels. As for chrome with yellow, in a word no...I think that would be really gawdy. For yellow cars I prefer anthracite or silver finshed wheels. Just my .02

[This message has been edited by Syndicate (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The IS IMO is overall a soft-edged vehicle in design.....I personally think that a softer approach would be nice.....

Don't get me wrong, the wheels are very nice....

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input.

yea i'm not a chrome polish kinda guy...makes the car look ghetto.

i was just thinking that the darker graphite like color would be nice. but everytime i walk out to my car it just looks better every single time, so i'm not gonna get rims for a while.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Master:

Where abouts are you in SJ? I have seen only one yellow IS around but it was kinda injured on the back bumper. The rims look cool...although almost too integra GSR like. I would go for a multi spoke wheel like some racing Hart c2's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts