Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings to all,

i'm about to buy some carbon fiber stuffs for my bucket. i'm going to get an oem cf vis hood for sure but, i'm still undecided what i should do for the rear. i'm either going w/ a cf trunk or a cf trd style wing. heck i even thought about goin w/ both the trunk and the wing, but i think that would be a little to much (weird...considering i'm a cf freak!!!) but i also know that the cf patterns from a vis trunk may not match the pattern on the wing. so i'm asking for some advice.

thanks in advance!!! ;)

oh...i have a solar yellow bucket...

·
Registered
387 Posts
a little contrast wont hurt.. Keep the trunk CF and get a reg TRD spoiler painted yellow.. Dont know if its your style but i always liked contast on yellow cars.. do the sides painted yellow on the hood and leave the middle CF..it'll look Hott

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I have seen a lot of c/f trunk combos

Leaving some exposed, some painted

Just do it with taste and not gaudy should look good

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha...that's a bit too much for me. if i get anything else cf, it would be fr and rr lips and side skirts and maybe door pillars, but i'm not goin for whole bumpers or light covers or anything like that...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Samfris300 said:
I think this guy has just the right amount..and its even your color..i remember seeing this pic awhile ago...hope it helps...http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=260079
yeah...i've seen that combo before and that's how i know i wanted a cf trunk to begin with. then i recently saw a white car w/ just a cf wing and no cf hood and i liked the way it looked too!!! so that's why i'm taking opinions on this. i do like the cf hood/trunk combo though...i guess it's always safe to go w/ your first choice.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ya first choice is the best...Hood and trunk would be nice..Trunk and spoiler could be overkill...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts