Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on Conti extremecontacts for the past year or so,

I know Mich. P/S A/S has really good feedbacks.

I am wondering about the noise on this set..

anyone with any experiences on their noise levels and/or any suggestions?

I'm looking for the best traction on light snow/ice and lowest noise level tires~

thanks a lot

·
Registered
675 Posts
Im running Pirelli PZero Nero M+S on my car and I think that they are amazing. For the price they are about the same with the Conti's but 100 less than the Michelin's. These tires are comfortable, handle well and are pretty quiet compared to stock bridgestones. Only one complaint they read the groves in the road surface too well, so no handing it on the interstate will lead you into another lane. I haven't driven these in the snow yet, and im not to comfortable in doing so, because wet weather traction is marginal. But all in all for the price i don't think that you can find a better tire.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BCMPOWER said:
Im running Pirelli PZero Nero M+S on my car and I think that they are amazing. For the price they are about the same with the Conti's but 100 less than the Michelin's. These tires are comfortable, handle well and are pretty quiet compared to stock bridgestones. Only one complaint they read the groves in the road surface too well, so no handing it on the interstate will lead you into another lane. I haven't driven these in the snow yet, and im not to comfortable in doing so, because wet weather traction is marginal. But all in all for the price i don't think that you can find a better tire.
thanks for the input.

i was just checking the price.. they are about the same price as conti.. but conti noise is better than stock potenza, but not as good as i thought they'd be..

im struggling to see if paying that extra $70 per tire is worth it..

conti snow traction is excellent, considering it being an A/S tire.

or. should i just switch back to old ways of summer set + winter set.. which i used to do.. just getting lazier every year...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Does it snow that much where you live? I am from MD and it snows very rarely and when it does only about 2 inches or so. Even with that I've come close to getting stuck with my stock bridgestones with my traction control lighting up my rear brakes. A/S tires will always have a compromise no matter; If you already have snow tires I'd say do the swap every winter and get some sweet summer tires. The new ADVAN Neova's are nice, and Mich PS2's but pricey but amagine how much more fun you would be having. For three seasons your car will be on rails!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have Pilot Sport A/S on my stock wheels and P-Zero Nero M&S on my 18s. After putting about 15k on these PZN M&S, the PS A/S are by far quieter considering I have over 20k on those tires. The PZN M&S is a great cheaper alternative, but they're a little louder as they're aging w/mileage. I have 66k miles on my almos t 2 year old 04 IS300. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Flipside909 said:
I have Pilot Sport A/S on my stock wheels and P-Zero Nero M&S on my 18s. After putting about 15k on these PZN M&S, the PS A/S are by far quieter considering I have over 20k on those tires. The PZN M&S is a great cheaper alternative, but they're a little louder as they're aging w/mileage. I have 66k miles on my almos t 2 year old 04 IS300. :)

I totally agree with the noise issue of the P-Zero M&S.
However, it performs pretty well on all other categories considering they are cheaper tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts