Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After really wanting an IS for a long time, I have come to the realization that I should buy a lower priced car. Instead of spending 33,000 or more on a Lexus I am thinking of getting a celica gt-s with action package for 25,000 and save the 8,000 or more. Im still reletively young (23), and probably should be saving for a house. What are your opinions on this car. Do any of you know how quick the gt-s is supposed to be?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
In that price range, have you ever considered RSX type S?

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I believe that the Celica Gt-S still runs a v-6, and I dont think it's that quick. If you are lookin for a pretty quick car for the money, go with the rsx type-s. Looks-celica. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
sorry i meant a v-4 not a v-6

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
All I saying is, drive the RSX type S before you decide. I don't know a thing about the Celica, but the RSX is ALOT of car for the $$$. It at least warrents a test drive.

Plus, if you like mods, there will more for an RSX than for the Celica. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
151 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2001-12-14 18:32, oscal74 wrote:
All I saying is, drive the RSX type S before you decide. I don't know a thing about the Celica, but the RSX is ALOT of car for the $$$. It at least warrents a test drive.

Plus, if you like mods, there will more for an RSX than for the Celica. Just my opinion.

</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
True there were a ton of mods available for the Integra, but the RSX is a totally redesigned. And. . . there already is a ton of mods for the Celica. I do like the price of the RSX though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you want to spend 25K, I'd definitely get a WRX. Super awd handling and the exponentially increasing power of the turbo is awesome. Plus, they're still pretty rare. For me, the lack of sunroof is a big drawback.

It took me a month to decide between IS300 and WRX. I made the right choice. For my 25K, the WRX is a no-brainer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
action package????
the celica is a nice car but there are a lot of kits that are nicer looking and less money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts