Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i've had the 3 bar altezza grill and sold it when i started to go with more cf and black HL's / fogs for a cf (fake) grill.

I had purchased an ebay grill and liked it for the first 6 months i've owned it. Fit was really good. Now its clear coat is starting to peel and it looks like balls.

My options are:

1- keep the grill paint the sides white leaving only the cf look a like mesh (which also covers my horns well).

2 - buy another one and clear coat the shit out of it to avoid peeling.

3 - buy the altezza 3 bar grill and paint it black.

Cant find a reasonably priced trd cf one and real cf grills are basically extinct without spending 300+

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
im thinking about selling my genuine TRD CF look grill. pm me if interested.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'd say lose the ebay grill. Try to get a TRD and leave the TRD emblem on.
If you ever go back to 3-bar, I'd keep the Altezza emblem on, I think it looks better than the L.

BTW, your car looks very nice and clean. Especially the paint job on the CF hood.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I love the clean lines of the the three bar Altezza (old Style).

Digger08

·
Registered
192 Posts
you cant just do a light sand on the one you have now then have it cleared? or is it to cheap ass of material. I know friends that have done that to hoods.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i love the look of the 3 bar altezza grill i just lost a bid on ebay for one that would of only cost me 125 with shipping sadly :(

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
i love the look of the 3 bar altezza grill i just lost a bid on ebay for one that would of only cost me 125 with shipping sadly :(
I just outbid a guy on one of these tonight.

Were you S***T , cause you just jacked my price from $37 to $87!

LOL

Digger08

1 - 11 of 11 Posts