Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my previous post which some spineless moderator erased. Im like a ****roach u cant kill me.

I would like to know how much would everyone pay for their SRT intake...blah...blah...blah...blah...blah. $695 WTF you couldnt even get the $595 price. Not for nothing MO I dont know you personally but you served everyone a pile 5hit with that post. And from the reasons you gave, it made me think twice before buying from your company. And to the ass(es) saying we bought a Lexus we should be able to afford a 795 intake can you say SUCKER! Hey while your at it Ill charge you 400 for an oil change cause you drive a Lex. Print that on your forehead morons. Seriously though I wont buy anything from SRT till they show some type of honesty in their reasoning. Until then 695 for an intake...buahhhh. Ill go buy the afc and wait for someone else to come up with an intake system

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by triz:
Here is my previous post which some spineless moderator erased. Im like a ****roach u cant kill me.

I would like to know how much would everyone pay for their SRT intake...blah...blah...blah...blah...blah. $695 WTF you couldnt even get the $595 price. Not for nothing MO I dont know you personally but you served everyone a pile 5hit with that post. And from the reasons you gave, it made me think twice before buying from your company. And to the ass(es) saying we bought a Lexus we should be able to afford a 795 intake can you say SUCKER! Hey while your at it Ill charge you 400 for an oil change cause you drive a Lex. Print that on your forehead morons. Seriously though I wont buy anything from SRT till they show some type of honesty in their reasoning. Until then 695 for an intake...buahhhh. Ill go buy the afc and wait for someone else to come up with an intake system

triz..think about it..300 for RMM intake, 300 for S-AFC. that equals 600....S-AFC's only advantage over the piggy back is you can change the setting and it look pretty. but the piggy back is pretuned and no need for install by shop or dyno session. so you pick. because if you go the S-AFC way, you'll prob end up paying the same..or more.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
But there are a couple things though - with more mods - the Air flow can be readjusted if need to be and does the SRT work with a turbo or SC - ???

also it looks hella cool

so yeah for the same money - i would take the SAFC over the SRT

·
Registered
816 Posts
triz, lemme tell ya, I wasn't the one who deleted your post.

But let me also tell you that given the opportunity, I would have deleted it, or at the very least edited a good portion of it. It has nothing to do with what you feel about SRT or Mo, but it has everything to do with the fact that you're insulting people who haven't personally attacked you, but simply hold a different opinion of Mo and his pricing policies.

It doesn't matter if you own an IS300 or not. If you set out to anger people with insults, you are a troll and all mods will do everything in their power to neutralize your "opinions". If you can express your opinion, even fringe and controversial ones, in a manner respectful to others, not only can we not touch you, but we'd thank you for increasing forum traffic.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
triz, imho the best way for you and others to let your opinion be known is simply to not buy the srt intake. if no one bought the intake mo would either be forced to not sell the intake or sell them at a lower price. if people keep buying the intake at a high price then there is no reason for srt to lower the price. he is a businessman and i cannot really blame him for trying to get as much money as possible out of his product. i'm not sure what his manufacturing and operating costs are, but no one is in business to lose money. and i'm not sure why you are so mad at mo for that thread. if you feel his reasons for starting that thread are bs then that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im curious as to what part would you have edited. I did not attack Mo. But I do believe he is not being completely honest with us. And all I said basically was that he couldnt give anyone a good reason as to why he couldnt even bring the "old" price back. Logic suggest that hes trying to "rape" us at the the price of $700+ when he sold it at $595 earlier and now bringing it back down to $695...something aint right.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HIB you telling me to shut up? J/K...I think your wrong in saying that. I seen plenty of post saying good things about the SRT and I dont doubt its not a good product. I rode in Ticals car and I loved the intake. But to say just to keep quiet and not buy the SRT because I have a negative comment about it..c'mon. Lets keep it real in here! Its an opinion of mine that hes jerking you guys around. I never once was disrespectfull to anyone in here unless you had it coming. Read my signature. I dont sit in here and "Troll". I joke sometimes but when I post I try and make a point and get peoples opinions. I think that my post was deleted with prejudice and was undeserved. On a side note I will try and think carefully when I phrase responses in the future as to not offend anyone with foul language. By the way HIB your comment was also bullcrap...lol...j/k

Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
triz, imho the best way for you and others to let your opinion be known is simply to not buy the srt intake. if no one bought the intake mo would either be forced to not sell the intake or sell them at a lower price. if people keep buying the intake at a high price then there is no reason for srt to lower the price. he is a businessman and i cannot really blame him for trying to get as much money as possible out of his product. i'm not sure what his manufacturing and operating costs are, but no one is in business to lose money. and i'm not sure why you are so mad at mo for that thread. if you feel his reasons for starting that thread are bs then that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Also, the ECU in the SRT kit has better resolution than that of S-AFC. This ECU is essentially the same as the S-AFC, and I believe it is reprogrammable as well, although you do probably need a laptop to do so. And take the cheapest filter and the cheapest price for the S-AFC, and add it together, you are talking of cost of at least $450 or so.
Another thing is that heat shield. Mo said it is machined, and it does look to me like it is milled. Take $35/hour for machinging (that is a very very low machinging price) and about 1.5 to 2 hours to machine (I doubt they are using 5 axis CNC machine), that's about $70 there for you.
Just ask any ME and EE on how much these things will cost.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
HIB you telling me to shut up? J/K...I think your wrong in saying that. I seen plenty of post saying good things about the SRT and I dont doubt its not a good product. I rode in Ticals car and I loved the intake. But to say just to keep quiet and not buy the SRT because I have a negative comment about it..c'mon. Lets keep it real in here! Its an opinion of mine that hes jerking you guys around. I never once was disrespectfull to anyone in here unless you had it coming. Read my signature. I dont sit in here and "Troll". I joke sometimes but when I post I try and make a point and get peoples opinions. I think that my post was deleted with prejudice and was undeserved. On a side note I will try and think carefully when I phrase responses in the future as to not offend anyone with foul language. By the way HIB your comment was also bullcrap...lol...j/k

Originally posted by HIBBoyScott:
[qb]triz, imho the best way for you and others to let your opinion be known is simply to not buy the srt intake. if no one bought the intake mo would either be forced to not sell the intake or sell them at a lower price. if people keep buying the intake at a high price then there is no reason for srt to lower the price. he is a businessman and i cannot really blame him for trying to get as much money as possible out of his product. i'm not sure what his manufacturing and operating costs are, but no one is in business to lose money. and i'm not sure why you are so mad at mo for that thread. if you feel his reasons for starting that thread are bs then that's cool, you are entitled to your opinion.
[/QB]
nah dude, i think your post is ok, although the way it is phrased it is highly flammable which easily leads to flame wars where nothing is accomplished as far as the actual topic is concerned.

i also didn't mean to imply for you to keep quiet, but i think the best way to get mo to change the price is simply to not buy it. if no one bought it then he'd either sell them at a lower price or not sell them altogether. and by saying that i do not mean to wish any bad will towards mo as i have nothing against him. since i have nothing to gain or lose on this, i am simply neutral on this topic.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
All I see is pure FEAR... SRT has whomever purchased their intake by their balls last year(no offense Tical
) Why? cuz no one else had any products out for the IS that early. What's happening now is .. Like I always said.. give it some time and more tuners will be releasing their "IS300" products. SRT probably posted that "poll" to try to strategically price their intake with respect to new intakes soon to be released. e never had no deal going. If it were a deal.. we would have gotten it for $595 (Which IMHO is no deal no time no how) but simply the introductory price.

"Be patient young grasshopper!" good things are coming.

If you want good service and parts hit off [email protected], shadoh, and altasports.com

They get what you want at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was very interested in the purchasing the intake. I was encouraged by the price poll. It made perfect sense in my opinion, to ask us...After all everyone on IS300.NET is a potential customer (How many members are there?)and it cannot be denied that SRT is advertising on this site for FREE..Members who bought the intake are advertising for FREE. MO has access to hundreds of customers. We are SRT's customer base for this product..Right here in one place...it doesn't get any better than that for SRT.
I found it somewhat as a slap in the face for us the hundreds potential customers.. to say here is your new price of "695" after it was sold for 595. Currently selling for 750 on SRT site. Come on what they heck is the price..it fluctuates too much for SRT to back a claim of meeting production cost. If that were the case it would not go from 999 to 595 back to 999..then .. "750"...to 695?. It would be fixed. All those who back SRT don't you find that WIERD!!!!To me it doesn't show any appreciation for the customer base that SRT is lucky to be right in the middle of. I do not know what it cost to produce the intake, but one cost SRT does not have that affects prices everywhere else is ADVERTISEMENT. Sounds like IS300.NET members are being taking advantage of. It is a good product so SRT has many backers, which help the price become whatever SRT choses.
As HIB said the best I can do is just not to buy. Let me be the first to officially Boycott SRT, maybe SRT has to see how many customers they are losing.

·
15,322 Posts
just because ppl do not agree with your opinions, or you don't agree with their's, doesn't mean you can attack them. the wording in your thread was presented in such a manner that called for flames. you are entitled to your opinions, but so are the rest of the members.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I hate to start stuff but just noticed a few things that just plain make me understand. Now I understand that SRT is designing a supercharger kit for the IS. They brag about their GS kit. How well it performs and blah, blah, blah. I went to SRT web site and clicked on the picture gallery. Look at the supercharger install on the GS. Look very closely. Do you see the rising rate fuel pressure regulator? its sideways. Anyhow, continue to look at the pictures and check out the firewall. Do you see the 2 cheap power cables heading to the battery? They sure don't look fused. Do you see the blue wire by the ECU going to the intake manifold somewhere under the fuel line? WOW
Hmmm how about on the drivers side of the car. Do you see all the exposed wires? I know Lexus didn't produce a 50K car with a hack job like that. Now, check out the pictures of the AREA51 car. Look at the install. Look for the wires. Look how clean its all ran. I personaly have sen this car and have gone for a few rides in it and its just plain awsome. Also, did anyone notice that the Lexus race car didnot have an SRT sticker on it. Maybe it did, I just didn't see it. But if it didn't have a sticker, does that mean that Lexus payed for that intake? If they did, wonder which one of the many prices they paid. Again, this is not to pick on SRT or nothing like that. Like someone told me, a picture is worth a thousand words.

SRT GS400 Supercharger kit.

Area51 IS300 Supercharger. I am not asking to compare kits, they are completely different, just look at the quality.

Just my .02 cents

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: TMR IS300 ]

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Once again, like I said in your previous post on this topic in this forum that I locked. Your initial thread was MOVED to the GO FAST FORUM where it belonged. If you read the descriptions of the forums, you might understand.

Since this thread has turned into a discussion less about power, it can stay for now. But it must remain civil, lest it be deleted.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think Zxarkon had a very valid point..SRT does not have to worry about advertisinng costs because they get to advertise for free on this site...I feel as though they should offer the people on this site the best deal possible and that it should stay at that price.. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and i feel as though unless they change there sales strategies they are going to get alot of bad publicity from a few people on this site..I have always heard when a person gets good service they tell 3 or 4 people but when they get bad service they tell 10 to 12..I think SRT should think long and hard about this and re-evaluate their sales strategies, less they lose alot of business in the future.
But this is just my $0.02

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Spectra1 ]

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
I can't help but think that if Mo really wanted to learn to juggle, he shouldn't have started with grenades....
*BOOM!*

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tony the previous post was erased by I dont know who. And I feel the need to defend myself because certain persons in here felt like I attacked MO. I did not attack MO. But I did question his bussiness sense and tactics. I made mention of people over paying for the product and is300gte calling everyone that did not want to pay $600+ a "cheap f ck" . Last I checked it was being a smart consumer something which he is obviously not. I mentioned no ones name directly but I guess the shoe fit him. I make it a point to treat everyone here with respect and limit my cussing to the ones that blatantly decide to call me whatever they feel. I will defend myself and my opinions from people like IS300gte. Last I checked we drive the same car. But obviously not paid the same price.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you are a cheap fu ck, but not only that, and unrealistic one, and stupid at that. if you don't want a certain type of intake, thats your choice, but don't bitch about it not being given to your for almost nothing. like i said dumbass, look at the prices for things for a supra, and you will realize that if you plan to buy aftermarket parts, they are not cheap or going to be given you. like i said before, if you want cheap junk, go buy a civic, there is plenty of cheap junk available for that car, but since you own a lexus, with a 2jzge motor, you will have to pay for what you get, because the sh it companies that make cheap junk are not going to manufacture anything for this car. if you don't like SRT, fine, i don't give a fu ck about that, but when you start bitching and being completely unrealistic about Mo's prices or anyone else at that, and then pose a challenge for anyone to respond to, then expect to get your asshole ripped like you did. if you can add, do some addition, add up the cost of an HKS filter, a super afc and a heat shield, and a cold air intake pipe, see what you come up with, and feel free to let us all know.

Tony the previous post was erased by I dont know who. And I feel the need to defend myself because certain persons in here felt like I attacked MO. I did not attack MO. But I did question his bussiness sense and tactics. I made mention of people over paying for the product and is300gte calling everyone that did not want to pay $600+ a "cheap f ck" . Last I checked it was being a smart consumer something which he is obviously not. I mentioned no ones name directly but I guess the shoe fit him. I make it a point to treat everyone here with respect and limit my cussing to the ones that blatantly decide to call me whatever they feel. I will defend myself and my opinions from people like IS300gte. Last I checked we drive the same car. But obviously not paid the same price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
26 Replies
19 Participants
LexArkana
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing