Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this topic has been covered quite a few times, and I did search but I am just curious if anybody has bought a vizage lip kit off of ebay and how the fitment was. It is made of fiberglass :confused: and I completely understand you get what you pay for and thats why I am trying to get some feedback on this kit/seller.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone

*here is the one I am looking to get

eBay Motors: 01 02 03 04 LEXUS IS300 VISAGE BODY LIP KIT (item 290102194986 end time Apr-12-07 07:58:53 PDT)

·
Registered
139 Posts
i've had a few ebay lips...i haven't run into any huge fitment problems, but i'm sure there are a fair share of horror stories out there. just do a bit of research. google the comanies name or something, thats a good start.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've had a few ebay lips...i haven't run into any huge fitment problems, but i'm sure there are a fair share of horror stories out there. just do a bit of research. google the comanies name or something, thats a good start.
thanks man, have some rep ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... anybody else?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
well what material is it... if its poly urethane then its good stuff. if its fibre glass then its iffy. because the real vizage kits are poly so they're probably the real deal if its made from poly.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ they are made of fiberglass and thats why i am a little worried and wondering if anyone has bought one off a ebay.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
ive gotten two off ebay. the wald rep lip was made out of abs plastic and fitment was beyond excellent. the other was the amuse replica made out of polyurethane and fitment was ok, needed to do some trimming but i had it molded on. i didnt care about the fitment on this one i just wanted it to be poly...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive gotten two off ebay. the wald rep lip was made out of abs plastic and fitment was beyond excellent. the other was the amuse replica made out of polyurethane and fitment was ok, needed to do some trimming but i had it molded on. i didnt care about the fitment on this one i just wanted it to be poly...
thanks for the input, i am definitely considering molding this lip onto my bumper for that really smooth look ya know, i figure its going to need some work to look right, but as long as its close i can get it done cuz i have had some pretty extensive experience with fiberglass.
thanks again :) +rep

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
thanks for the input, i am definitely considering molding this lip onto my bumper for that really smooth look ya know, i figure its going to need some work to look right, but as long as its close i can get it done cuz i have had some pretty extensive experience with fiberglass.
thanks again :) +rep
just noticed it was located in canada.....if you are in the us try finding one thats local so it decreases possibilty of damamges

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would love to know how the kit turns out. See that you did buy it on eBay. I have an '01 that I would love to put a kit on, and this one is one of the cheapest.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered it last week and its on its way so i will let you know how the test fitment and quality is once it arrives :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts