Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I love how the guy in the chair doesn't even flinch when the damn thing pops.

What was the cameraman doing at the end? Checking to see if he peed in his pants?

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
HIBBoyScott said:

What was the cameraman doing at the end? Checking to see if he peed in his pants?
:lol: i thought the exact same thing

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
HIBBoyScott said:

yea i know...hes just sitting there while this dyno is going on...barely ever looks up.

and i think the camera man just put down the camera while it was still on...lol

azure_sea said:
is that what it was?

damn

good thing it didn't happen on the road? :dunno:
yes it was nitrous :(

·
Registered
343 Posts
i think thats plain stupid. why do people put all kinds of stupid stuff on 90k cars. if i had a 90k car i wouldn't even dream of racing let alone putting nos or whatever that was that blew. i would just pimp that thing and know my car looks better and cost more than 95% of the cars on the road. but i guess he can afford the damages if he can afford the car.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
because he has the money in case the n20 did what it did.

And thats not what n20 does. That what incorrect use does.

video is cool though

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
That is my car and what happened was the tip of the spark plug blew off and into the intake valve. I have been spraying NOS for a long time now and know what I am doing. IF you watch the video the NOS is not used until VTEC kicks in which raises fuel pressure. The main reason for blown engines is the car running lean causing detonation. On a wet kit the supplemental fuel nozzle is supposed to compensate for that. When spraying big shots as I was 150, sometimes the rear cylinders run lean because the order in which the fuel is distrubited. I.E the back cylinders getting less fuel. It is not all bad as the engine is getting all internal parts reinforced and will be a race engine. I have a twin turbo kit ready to install and will be using a 125 direct port NOS setup on it. I am going to shoot for 600 to 700 RWHP.
from the guy that owns the car :(

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh

I never knew why they suggested director port for 150+ applications.

Bad luck...but nice ride!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
15 Participants
IS-300-Rulez
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing