Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the rear view mirrors. right after you wash them and u think you have them dry, then water starts flying out of them and you get water spots and streaks on the car. its as if theyre sponges holding in the water. agitates me to the point where i kicked off a mirror. anyone know how much a new one costs?

mike

p.s. no i didnt really kick the mirror off but i had a few choice words with it, if you know what i mean.....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Yep, know what you are talking about. Two way of fixing this. 1. don't drive the car for a while after you wash it, or 2. wipe the water spot off the car after it has dried.

·
Registered
442 Posts
buy one of them wanna be M3 style mirrors. Then make your tail lights look like a civic. You'd be set...hehehehe

·
Registered
343 Posts
I haven't had first hand experience with the IS side view mirrors, but with most cars, compressed air works really well.. if you don't have a handy compressor in your garage, get one of those duster things they sell to dust off computer components or whatever.. just blow them dry.. or atleast until the water is all out.. if that doesn't work, kick off the mirror..

·
Registered
108 Posts
For $25-50 you can find a Whistler 5 in 1 emergency kit with compressor. This will allow you to keep your performance tires in proper air and you can blow out the water from all of the creases when you wash. They sell one for around $50 at Brookstone and $25 at www.savannajones.com. I haven't bought from the website, yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you mite wanna cover the mirrors before you wash them (with a bag or something), then after your done washing take them off and polish the mirrors till they're clean. smart huh?

·
Registered
654 Posts
ARgh, that damn side mirror water thing also pisses me off. You're all done washing and drying and you leave for a few minutes and then there's a river of water coming out of the mirror! You wipe it, then it comes back! It's like there's a resevoir back there just to make water spots for the unwary car washer... what I do now is just sit around after the car is dry and dab the crap out of it...

·
Registered
93 Posts
AAAHH! I now! Even if, right after I wash my car, I drive my car around for a few seconds to get the water out, it still comes back!! Is this a car or a camel?

-anndi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts