Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just noticed recently that my car is about a quarter to a half inch higher on the left side of the car. The right rear is noticably higher . does anyone have this problem too? What should i do?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have that problem too. At first I thought that the dealership messed something up when they put the new springs on, but they said that it just sits that way sometimes. I'd love to find a solution to it. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
kaoticISdriver said:
i have just noticed recently that my car is about a quarter to a half inch higher on the left side of the car. The right rear is noticably higher . does anyone have this problem too? What should i do?
Let me guess. you have an IS300 ?

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
lose weight

·
Registered
27 Posts
blueMM said:
did u guys fix this problem yet?
Actually I did find a solution to this, I just purchased an adjustable spring riser/spacer for $9 from a local automotive shop. Usually what you will see is when one side is higher in the back, the opposite side in the front will be lower. This solution was cheap and worked out perfect.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
all the IS's with springs have this problem. stock springs or aftermarket springs, have this problem. I have Tein HT springs, and also have this problem.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
all the IS's with springs have this problem. stock springs or aftermarket springs, have this problem. I have Tein HT springs, and also have this problem.
When I pick my car up from the dealer wednesday or thursday of next week, I am going to ask the techs why its like that. I hate that because the wheel arch gap is even more noticeable on one side!

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Just take left turns alot faster than normal. :lol:

·
Registered
698 Posts
well, for me, i went to the dealer and they told me that the regional manager is in the area and he/she will take a look at my car and decide if they will give me new springs. i will let u guys know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same...

I have this same problem as well... I have the L-Tuned springs. I am working on getting the dealer to replace at least the one spring to see if this will fix it. My driver side front is lower than the passenger side, and the back is uneven as described. That spring shim sounds like a possibility as well...

Will keep you posted on outcome...

·
Registered
932 Posts
Do most of you who have this problem drive alone most of the time? It's the way the spring settles in. One side (driver side) will most likely be lower since most of the weight is on that side. This mostly happens on aftermarket springs, but I never see it happen on stock ones.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts