Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
linkage

there are MORE pics in the thread.

here's another thread with pics next to a cop car...hehehe!

EDIT:
taken from the forum
He "bought" the car about 8 months ago *roughly, I'm not sure on exact dates or months...but i know its been at least 7 or 8 months* The thing was finally shipped over and to my understanding a shop in CA has been doing the "US" Registration crap. His wife and me spoke a bit about it and i asked her why it took so long...

They had to reprogram the ecu to meet US emissions and since the US model wasnt released yet its not like they could have just grabbed one of those. This would also explain his custom tag..he's actually been the owner for quiet a while...but getting it street legal in the U.S. has taken some time. He has only had the car in his hands since last sunday (1 week ago today)...So no quater times or horsepower. It is a Euro version though....it is left side drive just like us..but it has the 280 HP and not the toned down version we will probably see in the U.S....

It is a 2002 and it is gorgeous...and...it has no cruise control....but it does have a water IC sprayer....
apparently it's not a US spec model but close enough. :D

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
You know I did about a week's worth of work trying to figure out how to get one of these over. You can buy them for $25-$30k USD but importing them and certifying them is the bitch of it. By the time you're done with it you've spent close to $40k and might as well have just bought one from evolutionimports.com. =/

Man I'd love to have that car.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
if that is 1 out of the 5 in the U.S., then i seen 2 other evo7s already. i live by a mitsu headquarters in orange county (cypress to be exact), the one off of katella next to target if anybody knows where that is. i seen a black one and a grey one, i've seen these two cars being driven around the area since 8 months ago if i can recall. both had michigan license plates which was pretty strange. anybody seen it before?....i wish i had my camera with me at the time..

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
dayvers said:
if that is 1 out of the 5 in the U.S., then i seen 2 other evo7s already. i live by a mitsu headquarters in orange county (cypress to be exact), the one off of katella next to target if anybody knows where that is. i seen a black one and a grey one, i've seen these two cars being driven around the area since 8 months ago if i can recall. both had michigan license plates which was pretty strange. anybody seen it before?....i wish i had my camera with me at the time..
There are more than 5 in the US, trust me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
webguyIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing