Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been previously discussed, but which sound deadener?

Dynamat xtreme
Brown Bread
Cascade

others?

I'm planning on doing it myself, so i'd like some sort of sheet material i can just roll on. No spray stuff for me..

Thanks in advance.

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
irv_usc said:
I know this has been previously discussed, but which sound deadener?

Dynamat xtreme
Brown Bread
Cascade

others?

I'm planning on doing it myself, so i'd like some sort of sheet material i can just roll on. No spray stuff for me..

Thanks in advance.
I am exclusive to Cascade products as I find they simply rock. Brownbread would follow next with Dynamat trailing those listed.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ditto that Cascade recommendation.

The Vmax is the easiest to install since it doesn't require a heat gun, it costs more but damps a little better. it has an aluminum backing and easily conforms to odd shapes but the aluminum can easily rip if you try to stretch it into a depression. With a bit of practice you can get it fully conform to the metal without any tears, but it does tend to be wrinkly looking.

The VB2 is a bit more time consuming to install since to get the best results you need to use a heat gun to soften up the material so that it can stretch and conform to the metal, but the end results are worth it, totally conforms to all the irregular shapes without any wrinkles.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I got it from parts express. sign up for a dealer and they give good discounts on all their products. they have a minimum annual purchase amount of $500, but you will easily spend more then this on the sound deadening.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.