Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all new Subaru Impreza has just come out in Japan, and you could check the site http://subaru.co.jp/

And I think the American version should has a single Turbo 2.0L flat four cylinder engine, which should boost out about 210hp.
And considering the size of the car, it should be another competitor of the Lexus IS300.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by Japcarfan:

And considering the size of the car, it should be another competitor of the Lexus IS300.
I don't think you could say that the Impreza is an IS competitor...sure they are similar in size and power output, but i think that the majority of Lexus IS buyers wouldn't consider the Impreza (unless you're into the "rice" thing, and I don't even want to get into that!).

And (IMHO), the new Impreza looks horrible! So what if it's got gobs of power? Did anyone respect the Mosler Consulier? Ford already tried the fish look with the '96 Taurus...didn't work. So why go for "different" if you instead get "nasty"?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not to be negative for the sake of it, but the Impreza will not be a competitor to the IS when considering the average buyer. No way.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I was considering a wide range of vehicles from the Impreza to the new M3.

I almost decided to wait to see what the new WRX would look like before ordering the IS300... After seeing those new Impreza pix, I am glad I didn't bother! The fender flares and wacky headlights don't look good, and won't grow on me.

Now if I lived in a high altitude place with harsh winters then the all-wheel-drive and turbos might start to sound more attractive. Sort of a "poor mans" S4 if you will.

But the IS300 is leagues ahead of the Impreza in terms of styling, smoothness, and quietness.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Dynamically the US WRX will be a great performer, the 'base' Impreza Turbo sold in Europe currently has a great chassis, great short shifter, excellent steering, and fast as hell, about 6.0 sec 0-60. This is the car we'll get. But I think the new body style is gonna screw Subaru, cause I'm not sure many people could live with it. I'm extremely tolerant, so maybe if it has a nice interior I could live with it, but it'll probably be nasty inside as well as out, and that'll kill it even for me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Maybe some after-market body-kits will come out WITH A TOTALLY NEW BODY!! (and I think it can use one....)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts