Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a very sunny Florida day there was 4 merry men riding in a IS300 sleigh. Windows open, enjoying the view, with not a care in sight. Then from out of the blue came a yellow terror. That terror was in the form of an Acura Integra Type R. Trying to be a bat out of hell he came blazin by to flex himself. Being such enthusiastic gentlemen we cheerfully decided to show this lad who had no respect for the sleigh that good things come in yellow packages but it wasn't his. So I turned down the music shifted down and went to work. You ask turn down the music ??? Yes to hear him scream as the boosted IS lays the major smack down even with four men in the ride and the wind in our hair. Sure enough as the mighty boost came flowing in, the sleigh just keep going and going. The integra just got smaller and smaller and we thought he might of stopped but he came up behind finally at the next red light after I stopped. After that the young lad (hehehe) slowed down and did not want anymore. It is also funny how they won't look at you afterwards. You have to get there attention. Moral of the story: "You never know what you are going to get especially when you race a boosted IS" :D :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Love the entry... very creative and much better than ... "I was on my way from xxxxx..." A refreshing change.

How much were you boosting, and how do you do from a standstill against a sub-six second 0-60 car (not a type-r)? Can you take him by 60, or do you slaughter them after 60 to 120?

I guess you can tell that I'm really interested b/c my car just got done and I should get it this weekend. I'm just really dying to find out what it can do.

Drive safely.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run about 15lbs for everyday driving. With my set-up I am more of a 60-120. The car once it hits it just doesn't stop pulling. I won't say it is slow off the line but it's a screamer once the boost starts flowing. Trust me your car is a monster in the making. Lance knows how to make them roar. A toyomoto car is a well built car :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hectic_1 Tampa said:
I run about 15lbs for everyday driving. With my set-up I am more of a 60-120. The car once it hits it just doesn't stop pulling. I won't say it is slow off the line but it's a screamer once the boost starts flowing. Trust me your car is a monster in the making. Lance knows how to make them roar. A toyomoto car is a well built car :wink: :wink:
Thanks for the feedback and for the words of encouragement...

Nice kill and keep the good stories coming! Take care.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I was in the passenger seat...and may I tell you....we slaughtered this thing...Fully knowing being that Me and Hectic both own Toyomoto IS300's that we were gonna kill him...but we thought hed a hang a lil...but nope...BUt nope Hectic_Santa had to drop a bomb down this guys chimney ......lol...
-Matt

·
Registered
612 Posts
cariza said:
n2knee said:
i noticed that the majority of the boosted IS300s here are from the State of Florida. good kill.
Thats cause theyre grown better down there. Get it... Toyomoto/Oranges :crazy: :-?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just giving you some encouragement! Somebody had to laught, right!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
very good rhetoric, quite amusing!

-gte

Hectic_1 Tampa said:
On a very sunny Florida day there was 4 merry men riding in a IS300 sleigh. Windows open, enjoying the view, with not a care in sight. Then from out of the blue came a yellow terror. That terror was in the form of an Acura Integra Type R. Trying to be a bat out of hell he came blazin by to flex himself. Being such enthusiastic gentlemen we cheerfully decided to show this lad who had no respect for the sleigh that good things come in yellow packages but it wasn't his. So I turned down the music shifted down and went to work. You ask turn down the music ??? Yes to hear him scream as the boosted IS lays the major smack down even with four men in the ride and the wind in our hair. Sure enough as the mighty boost came flowing in, the sleigh just keep going and going. The integra just got smaller and smaller and we thought he might of stopped but he came up behind finally at the next red light after I stopped. After that the young lad (hehehe) slowed down and did not want anymore. It is also funny how they won't look at you afterwards. You have to get there attention. Moral of the story: "You never know what you are going to get especially when you race a boosted IS" :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts