Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry I'm bringing this up again, its just that the search function is still messed up.

I want the deepest, throatiest sound out there. Ive heard things about the JIC, Greddy Evo, and Toyomoto.

Are all these full cat back? Which would you recommend for my taste?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
the Greddy Evo is a cat back exhaust, not sure abt the JIC and toyo

here is a sound clip, with Xerd headers/Xerd Race pipe/greddy Evo
Greddy Evo

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Look up at the top, do you see a sticky dedicated to exhausts?

PEOPLE WHEN YOU USE THE [email protected] SEARCH FUNCTION INLCUDE QUOTATION MARKS AROUND THE SEARCH WORDS SO THAT YOU DON'T BRING UP 2 BILLIONS THREADS. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT QUOTATION MARKS ARE (FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T MAKE IT OUT OF JR. HIGH) THEN HERE'S AN EXAMPLE, IF I WANT TO SEARCH FOR L-TUNED EXHAUST CLIP I WOULD TYPE "L-TUNED EXHAUST CLIP" FOUND 1 THREAD WITH THE DAMN SOUND CLIP.

IBTFL.

Look up and go through the sound clips and don't say the search function doesn't work I just found clips from 4 different exhausts files from users on the board using the search function. USE THE DAMN QUOTES, REMEMBER QUOTES, QUOTES, QUOTES!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow DL, all that hostility, yet no matter how much you yell the search function will still not work correctly. :roll:

That is of course unless you consider searching for "hiper" and only getting 6 results from 2003 and 300+ from 2002 and 2001 fine. :roll:

The issue is not getting too many results, it's the complete opposite. There are huge gaps in the search. All the threads that used to have clips are really old and all the links have been dead for months.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
best sound?
stock.

why make your shit louder.
you paid for a car that is quiet and not the loudest thing on the block.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
perfektrtw said:
Wow DL, all that hostility, yet no matter how much you yell the search function will still not work correctly. :roll:

That is of course unless you consider searching for "hiper" and only getting 6 results from 2003 and 300+ from 2002 and 2001 fine. :roll:

The issue is not getting too many results, it's the complete opposite. There are huge gaps in the search. All the threads that used to have clips are really old and all the links have been dead for months.
everybody gets frustrated with the search function.

I CREATED THE DAMN STICKY FOR A REASON

There are clips in there for just about all the popular exhausts if you guys would care to research a little

normally I would try not to be this rude to someone asking a question because that subject has been brought up many times, but you guys are not newbies and you should know better.........

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
A message board is a horrible way to organize archived content. Thats a fact, so don't kill people when they don't find what they're looking for.

Does the sticky appear in search results? I remember searching for something and reading through results threads for almost an hour a few weeks ago, not finding what I was looking for, only then to see that there was a sticky for it. Maybe the sticky appears way down the results?

I dunno, just taking WAGs

·
Registered
120 Posts
10secondIS said:
perfektrtw said:

everybody gets frustrated with the search function.

I CREATED THE DAMN STICKY FOR A REASON

There are clips in there for just about all the popular exhausts if you guys would care to research a little

normally I would try not to be this rude to someone asking a question because that subject has been brought up many times, but you guys are not newbies and you should know better.........
I wasn't talking to you now, was I?

Didn't think so. :)

The sticky post is a good thing, what are you trying to argue about, you pretty much are agreeing with my point? :-?

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
from what i heard the hks hiper or dragger II both gives the best throaty deep un-riceified sound

hiper is a lil bit louder than the dragger II and yields better hp increase

check the sticky for the clips and more info

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Really, unless you're running a turbo/sc and have the balls to back up the noise, any loud exhaust is STUPID. Why have a slow, loud ass car; that's a honda thing.

I got a Blitz Nurspec and it NEVER gets loud, gave me a few ponies, looks great and has a real deep grumble when you start the car. I love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.