Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming into work today and a GGP IS 300 decides to try and cut me off. I swerve a bit to avoid the car and look over expecting some young aggressive punk driver. Boy was I surprised when all I saw was wrinkly skin and white hair. This lady had to be at least 80 years old
What's the oldest IS owner/driver you've seen on the road?

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
saw a man in his 60's bring in his car for service while i was picking up my baby!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have seen a dude in his early 60's in a Solar Yellow before...and a couple who must have been pushing 75 in a SBM. Maybe they had their grandkid's car for the day, who knows.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
a 70 year old guy who eventually came in and traded it in for another car that would be much slower, as the IS was too fast for him.

guess what he traded for....a honda civic, lol!

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
I wonder with the trade in if he got money back or ripped off?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey, guys...go easy, will ya? I'm 54 and I love my IS300. Although, my friends say I don't look a day over 52!

·
Registered
164 Posts
A 65 year old dude driving a Solar Yellow with his young blonde boxxx. Ewww. All crinkly. Ugh.
(Wait a minute. I wanna be like that.) /MT

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Watcher ]

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was tailing another IS with a big spoiler and a bra not too long ago so I decided to check out who the driver was. I already had in my mind some young Asian punk like myself or maybe even some cutie but as I pulled up on it, it was some white lady in her 40s driving that thing 50 mph in the fast lane. Broke my heart, in more ways than one.

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
I saw a little old lady in her 70's driving an Auburn IS with the gold package on the highway. She had her little hat on and was going like 55 in the center lane.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by Damack:
...it was some white lady in her 40s driving that thing 50 mph in the fast lane.
She must have been working hard to do that...mine has to be reined in! The beast wants to fly...and I just let it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was at the mall a few weeks back with my fiancee. We were driving around looking for a parking spot when I see an SBM, just like mine, in a handicapped spot. There were 3 really old ladies, gotta be in their 80's, getting out of the IS. Needless to say, I couldn't believe my eyes.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
he had the car for 7k miles, and paid around 33, he got 25 or 26k in credit for the trade in, so i am assuming this is enough to cover a new civic, even the highest end civic, but he still screwed himself in the long run. my friend at the dealer offered me this car, it was fully loaded and a SBM, with only 7k on it, i almost got it, but just couldn't do the auto trans, so i am still waiting for the manual (like everything else) and it better be worth it.

Originally posted by is300soon:
I wonder with the trade in if he got money back or ripped off?

·
Registered
16 Posts
She is 88
, I think. I had a nice talk with Sean, a service guy from Lexus Silver Spring when I sent my car in for ECU re-program last week. He told me an 88 yr old lady who had a sc400 just bought an is300 a couple of months ago. He said that she was barely walking, but was very aggressive in her car. I thought her car was Solar Yellow.

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Sammy ]

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
I was coming into work today and a GGP IS 300 decides to try and cut me off. I swerve a bit to avoid the car and look over expecting some young aggressive punk driver. Boy was I surprised when all I saw was wrinkly skin and white hair. This lady had to be at least 80 years old
What's the oldest IS owner/driver you've seen on the road?
Can't you all just see Lex's Marketing department cringe when they say a carpool of old ladies cruise by in lowered, tinted-out IS3? LOL

Just think, some young punk is gonna be talking about our old butts, getting into an IS600 in the next 20-30 years. I hope they do, can't say I'd EVER wanna be driving an "old person's car".

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

[ May 31, 2001: Message edited by: Michael ]

·
Registered
571 Posts
ye[, i see quite a bit of old people around town in their IS300.

I guess some people haven't realized Lexus's attempt to gain more market share by appealing to the younger generation. They probably think the IS is just a smaller version of the LS430.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm 91, so I got you all beat, hehe

But really, I saw some guy driving down the freeway. He was in his 60's. The sad part was that the car looked like it had never been washed and was driven through the mud. That should be a crime. Dirty as sin.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
17 Participants
DOHCVTEC
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing