Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys ive came across 2 sets a wheels both staggerd at a really good price and both are discontinued
the color of my is300 is msm

the first set are
Work Equips
17x9+40 rear, 17x8+30 front

the second set
Rays Cerumo Sports C-39
17x8 +37 rear: 17x9 +45 front

i really admire tony the tigers winter setup with staggerd 17s this is the look im trying to attain. the quesion is if i ran the setup with my eibach prokit and bilsteins would it sit to high? i was also thinking about swapping the prokits for h&r springs but i dont know if it would be to low i know they start out at 1.5 and settle around a 2 drop

which springs would help me attain this look?
eibach prokit 1 inch drop
h&r sport springs 1.5-2

heres a pic of tonys setup

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i vote for the equips for sure!!!!!!! also, i have no input on springs, im a coilover guy..lol.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
i vote for the equips for sure!!!!!!! also, i have no input on springs, im a coilover guy..lol.
How many days has it been since you bought coils? Like... 3? LMAO

I say go for the Rays since NOBODY has them and they're far more rare than the Equips. Then again, I LOVE Equips and they'd be a tiny bit more aggressive, thus gaining that edge you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
i've had coils on this car for like 4 monthes now. why?

:edit: must spread rep.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
what look? ...springs regardless are too soft. coilovers are wayy better for aggressive wheel setups. also depends on what size tires you're looking to go far, but looking at the OP it looks like you're going for full size tires.

you might be able to get away with springs but why compromise with springs when coilovers will change your life.....:p

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i would get coilovers for sure but im currently a student and funds are a little low lol
if i can find a use set of teins ss or basics for around 500 i be all over them

im planning to go
225/45/17 F
235/45/17 R
or
245/45/17 R

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
yah i figured you'd go for full size tires....well you're going to want to roll and pull your fenders for sure. since you're not going to be low, you're not going to have as much camber and so when your soft suspension compresses you're more prone to rub...you also might want to go with 40 series tires so lessen the chance of more damage.

good luck taking turns...

p.s. don't waste your money on POS tein basics...or just tein in general. they're over-rated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i might go with the equips after seeing that golf

even with the wider rims and bigger tires in the rear will the wheel gap stay the same?
sorry for the noob question this would of been easier if i just bought coilovers to begin with but im on a budget thanks again for the help jon
+rep

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Just the, "I'm a coilover guy" commentary made me LMAO like crazy. :lol:

I thought you just got them put on, that's why. LOL
regardless, even before i got them i always recomended coils over springs, most spring setups for the is are trash.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i think i might go with the equips after seeing that golf

even with the wider rims and bigger tires in the rear will the wheel gap stay the same?
sorry for the noob question this would of been easier if i just bought coilovers to begin with but im on a budget thanks again for the help jon
+rep
it'll help with the wheel gap if you go with wider wheels and lower offsets. i don't think that its a good idea to go with bigger tires because it won't help with the rubbing. i think you should go with 215/40 and 235/40 which is a tiny tiny stretch. check out RIMTUCK.com

ARE YOU GOING TO ROLL AND PULL YOUR FENDERS?

215/40 on a 8"

235/40 on a 9"

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
my 215/40 look more stretched than that, and my 235/40 on an 8 inch wheel look more stretched too. but its very mild still.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
well your 215s run tiny then. you're saying that your 235/40 on an 8 looked more stretched than the 215/40 on the 8 in the picture? ....i think you might need new glasses because you might be reading a zero as a three lol.

btw those are white_is old wheels and he had 18x8/9 +37 with 215/40F and 235/40R

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
whoops, my bad, its not as stretched as the above, but its not exactly a flush sidewall either.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.