Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Old Skoolers? You cant include old skoolers and not mention TheDon. Back in the day was way cooler because the meets where every few weeks. I remember the classic barbeques, carson toyotas, lexotics, and such. But instead of talkin about it, I gathered some of my pics from that classic year, 02, and put them on this slideshow page. Check it. BITD, back in the day.

http://www.califunknya.com/bitd

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
I think I got ya'll beat by a longshot- was here before any of these current "official" join dates.

was at the 1st socal IS300 meet @ Speedzone. was also at that pasadena hooters meet too, only we got there late and didn't get a table near you guys. =P

What cha know about the old school :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
don or anyone got pix of the first area51 meet? or BJ's meet @ huntington bch? :p

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
I think I got ya'll beat by a longshot- was here before any of these current "official" join dates.

was at the 1st socal IS300 meet @ Speedzone. was also at that pasadena hooters meet too, only we got there late and didn't get a table near you guys. =P

What cha know about the old school :lol:
i was at the speedzone meet too... i remember your busted taillight and the First Turbo IS.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I joined in '01! The O.G. Pasadena Hooters meet was nuckin futs. Ahhh, the Good Ol' Days.

atomicbombpinoy.... The black lex was "badtothebone" and the silver 1 is "edgy's"(i think that was his 3rd set of wheels by that time). I think I know who's blue 1 that was too...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Joined 2002 members and older!
Where in RPV do you live? im in PVE haha no idea someone other than altezza manic lived here. Def. should meet up have a Torrance meet

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
i was at the speedzone meet too... i remember your busted taillight and the First Turbo IS.
Was that me? I know I busted a tail light but don't remember if I ever took it to a meet like that :blush:

ahhh back in the old days when a lint trap felt mod was a big deal :lol:

first turbo is and I didn't even get a ride.

ohhhh and Carson meets! those were fun.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Sorry to jump in here but reading this and looking at the slideshow makes me yearn for a time I wasn't even part of :( I graduated HS the year the IS300 came to the USA and loved it but could afford one for a couple more years. This kinda stuff makes me understand why a lot of you "old schoolers" seem to hate the new members. I had joined previously too with a college account but it would be like 2003 plus I'm in Seattle....

Sorry to interrupt, carry on :)

1 - 20 of 139 Posts