Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to be on here a few years ago and had an IS300. Sold it and bought an IS250. Now I'm back with another IS.

Ok...well it's not an IS but close enough.

2000 Toyota Altezza 3SGE 6-speed (SXE10)

Picked her up a couple weeks ago. Before I even brought the car home I found a deal on some Tein Flex coilovers that were in great shape for $260 so I snatched those up. Drove her home Friday night and Saturday morning she was on the lift.

Also replaced the 3 Bar Altezza grill with the mesh altezza grill and replaced the left front fender as it had a dent in it I wasn't too fond of.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Welcome back, but why did you need to remove the front lip/ lower splash guard? How much are those cars going for over there?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back, but why did you need to remove the front lip/ lower splash guard? How much are those cars going for over there?
It wasn't that I needed to, but with the fender coming off half the bumper was already off. So it was only a few more bolts to take the entire bumper off (with an air ratchet only took a minute). That accomplished a few things for me. One, I didn't have my car on the lift with the bumper dangling by only half, two it made it easier to access the grille and fender, three and the biggest for me was it made it much easier to snap the grille into place since it snapped into the upper portion of the bumper. Plastic items here can become brittle due to the heat and sun. So I didn't want to snap any of the pieces on the grille off. Some times a little more work ends up being less in the end.

As for price they vary, but this one has 106K KM on the clock. I got it with 4 brand new tires, pads, rotors, and fresh timing belt and paid 4k for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts