Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents use their beater in the snow and i just leave the IS at home and take the bus or cabs eventhough i got the winter tires on right now

i just wanted to know how is the GS in the snow because this is first winter owning that car in my family?????? anyone with it??? any complaints????

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
GS is front wheel drive with 16's ..

i think it comes with all season tires..

I saw several GS300/400's running on the road without any problems in the snow~

·
Registered
416 Posts
I actually drove my IS (w/17"s) out of my upward sloping, snow-and-ice-covered driveway this morning. Didn't think I would make it, but I did.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
GS is rwd and terrible in snow. I've been in the snow once and it wasn't fun.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I drove the IS in that nasty Ice/Snowstorm that swept across the midwest to the east. Let me tell you it was the worst experience ever. I have the 17"s and they blew ass. My 01 Z28 drove better in the snow then the IS did which surprised me all to hell.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I would guess that with all season tires on 16" rims, it's not bad. It has VSC and TRAC, so it'll manage just as well as any other RWD car. But then, most RWD cars are a nightmare in the snow. I know my Bimmer is impossible to move, despite DSC, in the snow. For that, I have my trusted 4Runner. It goes anywhere, any time of the year.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Tuesday was the first time I had ever driven my IS in the snow with the stock 17s on, normally I would have winter tires on but haven't gotten around to switching them out. There was only a slight powdery layer on the road (it had just started snowing) and the car skid and slid all over the place. I almost ran a stop sign and almost slid into a parked car in the parking lot. And what was sad was that I only had to drive a mile to get to my home. Definitely get winter tires, it's not worth it otherwise!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
clearlexus
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing