Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... hey guyz (and gals) whutzup... you all have been real helpful with everything I have asked and stuff.... but i have some more questions. I want to change the lights for my front and rear signal lights to blue, drl's to blue, reverse lights. Which lights should I use? I heard that there are new polarg lights... I don't really understand what they are... and also the PIAA super white lights... but, I want your input on it. Can you tell me what size I would need or the brand that would match the color of the HID's i have on? THANKS...

Also, I want to change the color of my calipers. I was wondering if anyone has every seen silver or chrome calipers? Do they exist? Could I paint my calipers silver? And for chrome, do I have to send them in to be done? Whutz the whole deal with this and if there is a silver... where can I get it...

Thanks you guyz so much... you have really been very helpful in the past and hopefully you can help me out now as well... Thanks.

HAP

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well silver calipers and chrome calipers are quite different. I've seen a few silver calipers but never chrome ones. I think the color of calipers will depend on the color of your car as well. You want it to match and not clash. I did my SBM with red calipers and they look sharp. Personally, I'm not a big fan of chrome simply cuz they look ugly when they're not clean. And calipers, especially on the IS are pretty hard to keep clean. But I would go with silver since they sell that color paint almost anywhere...chrome will be a little more difficult to find and maintain.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i'm setting my calipers (and rear drums...eeeeek!!!) to black before winter simply to keep the rust from getting worse. but it will help the look too.

never see chromed calipers. might be neat w/ chrome or the dark graphite rims!

------------------
IS 300 ???
Not yet, but maybe soon....

1995 Ford Contour Zetec GL -- Modded

http://www.contour.org

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH... see I have Black/Black and Silver titanium dash... and silver rims. I think silver matches.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any word on the lights guyz?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check over in the mods forums, because a lot of people had posted over the last couple of weeks about how they changed their lights, and the bulbs that they used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts