Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
My owning an IS has nothing to do with my attitude and I never said I was better then you. Stop trying to read between the lines.

You are the azzhole that is talking trash about renting this and that and toyota this and that azzwhipe!

I said you will never be anything in life due to our obvious lack of knowledge when it comes to money factors and time value etc.... It has nothing to do with the fact that I own a lexus and you don't, although I am sure you would like to believe that since everyone feels lexus owners are snobs.

Oh well, bottom line is you are clueless when it comes to investment and lease issues etc..... You just keep thinking that way and I am sure some day will see the light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ISFAN-yeah im clueless about money time value whatever LETS SEE 35'Gs and no armrest...wheresthe value???

BTW for the $ im spendin on BUYING my RS I could musster an lexus lease and i wouldnt be an ****sucker about it like you

BTW howmany miles are you allow to drive per year???I go where when i want how far i want you made me all badazz behind the wall of lexus but YOU DONT KNOW JACK AND YOU DONT OWN JACK

------------------
Hope you took your Flinstone vitamins cuz I'm gonna get stoneage on your azz.

·
Registered
201 Posts
First of all, let's clear a few things up. A rich man once said you lease what depreciates in value and you buy what appreciates in value. The lease is a better option from a financial stand point than a buy. Why? On a lease you'll get a lower monthly payment with less money down for a shorter term. For example:

Buy Lease
Price $30,000 $30,000
Int 8 8
term 60 36
Down $6000 $1000
pay $535 $527

Yes, on a lease you don't own the car but on a buy you don't own the car either until that last payment is made. On a lease your value is guaranteed on a buy you're at the mercy of the market. Also, you better hope you never have to sell your car before you can pay it off or else you're going to be upside down in your new car by the difference. This could be the beginning of a snowball effect.

------------------

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by 4yoazz:
First of all, let's clear a few things up. A rich man once said you lease what depreciates in value and you buy what appreciates in value. The lease is a better option from a financial stand point than a buy. Why? On a lease you'll get a lower monthly payment with less money down for a shorter term. For example:

Buy Lease
Price $30,000 $30,000
Int 8 8
term 60 36
Down $6000 $1000
pay $535 $527

Yes, on a lease you don't own the car but on a buy you don't own the car either until that last payment is made. On a lease your value is guaranteed on a buy you're at the mercy of the market. Also, you better hope you never have to sell your car before you can pay it off or else you're going to be upside down in your new car by the difference. This could be the beginning of a snowball effect.

Ahhhhh finally someone with some common sense and an excellent understanding of the concept.

Thank you for your support.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Originally posted by 22B:
ISFAN YOu call it what you want in the end you pay for whatyou use I go rent a Neon and I payfor what i use SAME THING At the end you've paid $XXXX which is howmuch it cost you to drive you precious IS for 36 months after that you RETURN it to the rightfull owner which is the bank or Toyota, in the end you BORROWED someones car and youpaid money to use it.

you don't own jack
who needs to own jack when jack has a depreciation velocity that surpasses that of ANY other major purchase item? leasing is a very viable option for some people, depending on situation and type of vehicle.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
in your average car, who cares about "a sense of ownership?" i have a lower payment, all of my driving is under a comprehensive warranty, and i walk away scot-free at the end of the term, with nothing to sell, get out of, or repair.

i own my porsche, and i'd never lease a keeper car like that. but for a daily driver like an acura or a lexus? leasing is the most intelligent way for me, as miles are not a concern.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by geoff:
in your average car, who cares about "a sense of ownership?" i have a lower payment, all of my driving is under a comprehensive warranty, and i walk away scot-free at the end of the term, with nothing to sell, get out of, or repair.

i own my porsche, and i'd never lease a keeper car like that. but for a daily driver like an acura or a lexus? leasing is the most intelligent way for me, as miles are not a concern.
Geoff, it is obvious that you are well versed in finance and have a good grasp on reality when it comes to money. I agree 100%, but I guess I had a hard time conveying that to the troll.

Maybe we should start a forum in here for money matters!

·
Registered
187 Posts
It depends on your situation. For me, I have issues on why I didn’t purchase the car and chose to lease.

1- Car depreciates way too damn much, either way your spending the money so you might as well keep the payments low.

2- I take mass transit to commute to work and drive very minimal during the week.

3- I have plans to move in to Manhattan within the next 2 years. If you don’t know, a monthly parking space here is just as much as rent in most other cities.

4- if I do not decide to move, I'm getting GS430 in 3.

ISFAN- smart move, you want the coupe in 3 anyway.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Geoff, it is obvious that you are well versed in finance and have a good grasp on reality when it comes to money. I agree 100%, but I guess I had a hard time conveying that to the troll.

Maybe we should start a forum in here for money matters!

thanks isfan. i do OK with finance, but to me, given that my miles aren't an issue, leasing is a no-brainer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Originally posted by Wiating4mine:
It depends on your situation. For me, I have issues on why I didn’t purchase the car and chose to lease.

1- Car depreciates way too damn much, either way your spending the money so you might as well keep the payments low.

2- I take mass transit to commute to work and drive very minimal during the week.

3- I have plans to move in to Manhattan within the next 2 years. If you don’t know, a monthly parking space here is just as much as rent in most other cities.

4- if I do not decide to move, I'm getting GS430 in 3.

ISFAN- smart move, you want the coupe in 3 anyway.
You got that right. In 3, I will be looking for the coupe convertible. I hope they come out with one. That would be nice. Now I just have to get the wife on the same page

·
Registered
52 Posts
pleeeeaazzzzzzze dont call me a troll youll hurt my feelings
boooooohoooooohoooooooooo

if you guys are soooooooooosmart about depreciating assets and such then you wont be offended when i (a troll, idiot, simpleton) say with certainty that YOU DONT OWN JACK

BTW the banks, toyota, and the queen of england KNOW cars depreciate and they cover their azzes , you come in, yeah i paid for what i use NO YOU PAY FOR THE DEPRECIATION FOR THEM TOO you think you all smart

------------------

·
Registered
52 Posts
one more thing, ways i see it you got had in two ways 1- you got CONNED by toyota by overpaying for a car that should topout at 28 g's thats the REAL VALUE of the IS 2- you got CONNED by the auto industry by leasing which is a way for them to get SUCKERS to pay for the depreciation of a car....me shakes my head in disbelief you GOTS CONNED BTW no one answered HOW MANY MILES are you ALLOWED to freely go where you want?????

·
Registered
52 Posts
OH and onemore thing, my crack about depreciating assets...YOU EVERwonder why there is a mileage window in car leases????? THATS right another tactic for banks/toyota to COVER their azzes so THEY can somewhat guaranteed the value when they gets back whats rightfully theres

------------------

·
Registered
52 Posts
waiting4mine- FOR someone who lives in the 'toilet of America' AKA Jersey you sure rent/borrow/lease a nice car

------------------

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
22b, i own my house, i own a few substantial stakes in companies, i own my porsche, and i own each and every other thing i have purchased. i lease my cl-s because it's a daily driver and i want the lower payment, the worry-free warranty, and a new car in a few years. if i go over the miles i'm "allowed," then i'll simply pay for them -- no big deal. but seeing how i live 60 seconds from my office, that ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mr. Geoff- noneed to get all defensive if youre are comfortable with your honda situation rent/lease own whatever- i think a REAL MAN would own and not owe nOTHING TO NOBODY

------------------

·
Registered
47 Posts
huh?

22B you are an idiot. If you buy the car but have to get financing from the bank or whatever, then you owe people as well. Sheesh.

How stupid can one person get?

Oh and leasing also has some advantges from a business standpoint but apparently you don't know that since you probably work at Mickie D's or blockbuster.

[This message has been edited by r2917 (edited November 17, 2000).]

21 - 40 of 80 Posts