Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, did a search first and either this question hasn't been asked or I was just unable to stumble upon the magical combination of terms that yieled a relavent search result.

My front 2 tires are looking a little worn (stock pontezas, 17k miles on the car with these tires, they've been rotated twice but due to 2 road trips most of the miles on one set are in a straight line.)

The rear two tires are just fine... plenty of deep tread left.

Eventually I want to get new rims, but I've already bought an xmas present for myself this year so they'll have to wait. for now I'm looking to just replace those front two tires since the backs are still good to go.

My question is: Is it ok to buy another type of tire (eg not pontezas) and run different types in the front and rear? If so, anyone have any recommendationd for some new front tires for me? Should I just go with pontezas until I get new rims?

Thanks in advance. :D

·
3,160 Posts
You should try rotating your tires every 5K miles. It will give you even wear across all 4 tires. Then you won't have to think about buying fronts and then rears.

There's nothing wrong with having different rubber but you will feel a difference when it comes to how the car will handle. The grip will be better from new tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.