Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this over GD forum... the guy said this... (I underlined the interesting part)

1pimplex said:
Whats up. I'm new to the board but I've had my IS for a little over a year. Its got full leather, nav., intake, ecu, CF hood, and evo exhaust. Oh yeah, its also a stick and I custom ordered it with no govenor or rev limitor. Thought it be cool to get other peoples ideas about the car and maybe learn a few things from the people on this site. I hope to talk to all of you a lot and get some feed back. L8R

By the way, does anyone know how to hook up rca outs to a nav system in an IS?
As all of you noticed, I Obviously don't own an IS300 (yet) and still learing a thing or two about the car. Now, I'm not aware that if you buy the IS300 brand new you can custom ordered the car with no governor or rev limiter.

My question is, can you actually ask the dealer not to have rev limiter/governor on the car? Or, is he talking about IS200 or RS2000? Or, is he on crack?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
He's on crack man, it is illegal to alter those specifications set by the dealer, or for the dealer to modify those settings. I think he is blowing it out his arse.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
welcome to posts written by shit talking jackass

tell the shit talking jackass to come over to the go fast forum

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: .... yeah now you can special order a 6 speed Twin Turbo directly from Lexus....!!!!!

But seriously those two parts are Highly regulated by the Automobile Industry here in USA... The governor for one is on every car it limits top speed, and no rev limiter, i don't think so.... So when he misses a gear he has the potential to BLOW his motor... No way the dealership will even take that out.... (Warranty VOID)

Of course unless he has a good conection at dealership, maybe he had it done, But even so, there is no beneficial gains by removing those two things... They are put there to protect the motor....!

...or then again the crack smoking could be a theory :chill:

- Joe 8)

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IS300GTE said:
welcome to posts written by shit talking jackass

tell the shit talking jackass to come over to the go fast forum
Yea man, I replied to his post and sent him a link to Go Fast Forum. Now let's just wait till he's here :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Dude is out of his mind. First, this wouldn't be something that the dealer would do, it would come from the factory. Second, why would Lexus/Toyota remove the limiter and govenor. We only got 215 hp so it ain't like 200mph is on the horizon. I will say this however, Mercedes will alter the top speed govenor (not the rev limiter) on its AMG models for the Euro market. allowing them to reach higher speeds (than the typical 155), but there is still a govenor there. Just ask Renntech, he's always got problems finding the damn thing when trying to build 200+ mph Benz's. But back to the IS. I say let this guy prove it. Show us the option code on the window sticker or something, otherwise, total bullshit.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Hhahah.....1pimplex comes off as pimple. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
TeCKis300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing