Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry,.......... i did "search" briefly but i am not entering the correct words obviously cause i get a TON of stuff that is not exactly relevant to my needs...

i need to replace my AC unit & i have the new on sitting here ready to go .. .but i need to learn how to remove the original OEM unit & whether this is done easily or not.. . i heard it might entail removing the entire stereo system as well.. .but i was not sure & was hoping i could just remove the Ac unit on its own & plug the new one in...

HELP a brotha out please

thanks!!

edg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
start at the lint tray,remove the lint part with a tiny flat head screwdriver onece you have removed the lint part your going to see 2 screws remove those 2 screws and then pull the tray out,once you have pulled the whole tray you will see 2 bolts get a 10mm socket and remove them.Then go down where the trac button and seat heater buttons are located and pull on that whole bottom tray it should come off with mininal force,once you pulled it off you will see another 2 10mm bolts remove them and then the whole system is free the A/C unit and the headunit are one piece.I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts