Lexus IS Forum banner

OK, put money down...need help

747 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  vlad_a 
#1 ·
Just put a deposit down on an '03 sport design (GGP, grey leather). Need input fro you pros:

Price: $29,300 ($750 under invoice)
Options: I haven't seen the car yet (has to be gotten out of a warehouse, the dealership is too small to have a lot), but it appears to have everything except Nav.

Questions:

1. What should I be happy AND sad about in getting an '03 and a sport design (I am a fan of the 11 spoke wheels)

2. Any reason I should do this deal?

3. The salesman was new and didn't seem totally confident in his knowledge, but said that the LSD and VSC was basically standard, how can I tell when I see the car if it has the LSD (can I trust the sticker)?

4. What should I expect to get with my car (keys, fob's...)

5. The dealer has been pretty good so far, can I expect any tricks?

Anything else I shoule be aware of? I expect to make the purchase on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Aja1

See less See more
#3 ·
Aja1 said:
Just put a deposit down on an '03 sport design (GGP, grey leather). Need input fro you pros:

Price: $29,300 ($750 under invoice)
Options: I haven't seen the car yet (has to be gotten out of a warehouse, the dealership is too small to have a lot), but it appears to have everything except Nav.

Questions:

1. What should I be happy AND sad about in getting an '03 and a sport design (I am a fan of the 11 spoke wheels)

2. Any reason I should do this deal?

3. The salesman was new and didn't seem totally confident in his knowledge, but said that the LSD and VSC was basically standard, how can I tell when I see the car if it has the LSD (can I trust the sticker)?

4. What should I expect to get with my car (keys, fob's...)

5. The dealer has been pretty good so far, can I expect any tricks?

Anything else I shoule be aware of? I expect to make the purchase on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Aja1
isn't the sportdesign invoice 29k or 29.5 i believe?
I got mine for 29.5 back in June (no Nav)
for the LSD - look at the sticker on the door (I forget what it is - you are just looking at the white sticker that should either say "A" or "B")
VSC is only with automatics i believe

#4 ·
"B" is LSD...

Just keep the sticker...I still have mine... :lol:

Have the dealer throw in a cargo net for the trunk. You'll be glad you have one. Small item, but handy.

I got five keys; don't know what they are doing now):
2 battery keys with remote
2 valet keys
1 wallet key (for in case you lock your key in the car)
1 lousy key chain (plastic Lexus tag from the dealer)...but OK since it doesn't scratch the dash.

Get some touch up paint...only about an $8 item...but the dealer should get you some (mine did)...cause there are gonna be paint chips...

#8 ·
Re: Great Link

Aja1 said:
Is it correct that you can only get VSC and LSD on a manual tranny (that is what the article said, I've never heard it before)? I've got to get the auto due to significant commute traffic.
That is incorrect! VSC is Not Available with manual transmission, AUTO ONLY!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.