Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my SBM with ivory today at the dealer!!
too bad i didnt have that much time to drive it around as much yet, since my dad wants me home right away after we pick it up. ( exam tomolo).. but i sure will go test the car tomolo. and i think i'd have great fun!!

PS. there is just 1 very slight disappoint i have with the car.. and that is the leather part of the seat.. thats all.. it doesnt seem completely 100% covered by leather.. and its kinda half leather and half cloth or something..

i wonder if we can modify the seats and change it 100% covered by leather?
or is it just my IS is with that kinda seat?

mine is SBM with tan ivory leatherrette.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
PS. there is just 1 very slight disappoint i have with the car.. and that is the leather part of the seat.. thats all.. it doesnt seem completely 100% covered by leather.. and its kinda half leather and half cloth or something..

i wonder if we can modify the seats and change it 100% covered by leather?
or is it just my IS is with that kinda seat?

mine is SBM with tan ivory leatherrette.

It's real leather, the rest is called Escaine, a synthetic suede, helps keep your butt in the seat. If you ain't slidin', you ain't driving it right.
There is no factory full leather option.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to say its bad..
but that escuine. does feel kidna weird..
not used to it..

maybe i am used to drive and sit in all leather cover seats in all cars..
so. .maybe just me.. cant get it all covered by leather or something??

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know how you feel, I felt exactly the same when I first got my IS... What do they call it? Escaine! well eventually you will get used to it,

I am starting to think its kinda unique

[email protected], are you an arts student in UBC?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Issac, yes, i am currently between 2nd and 3rd year.. ( coz not quite finish my 2nd year stuff, and takign some 3rd year requirement).. but officially a 3rd year arts, econ student @ UBC.

u? in ubc too? or sfu?

and about the seat...... oh ya. at least i am not the only one thinking about the seat thing..
coz its a lexus!! and maybe i was expecting more out of lexus on the interior part..
the one i test drove b4 was not a fully loaded IS300.. so i didnt know that leather would cover such less part of the seat..

oh well..... but i still love the car!! and gonna test the car sometimes at some big big parking lot..

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Well put! In high school when I drove my parents cars (they have a LS400 and a Supra TT) I would slide around like a mofo, but not when they drove. Now I know... But that meaning of life thing is still bothering me.

Originally posted by webmaster:
It's real leather, the rest is called Escaine, a synthetic suede, helps keep your butt in the seat. If you ain't slidin', you ain't driving it right.
There is no factory full leather option.

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well.. after a couple days of driving the car.. i guess i feel quite comforatable on the seats ( or used to it already)

so ..... guess that escaine thing does not really matter that much then..

PS. its quite cold here recently.. at least my butt wont get iced whenever i sit in the car then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts